Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More Gibson Muffler Results

Not So Fast
    Great point River Dave, also are you the inventor & maker of the bezels for CPS stereo remotes that I have seen here and if so how do we get them?? do you have backstock?? NSF :2purples:

RiverDave
    Great point River Dave, also are you the inventor & maker of the bezels for CPS stereo remotes that I have seen here and if so how do we get them?? do you have backstock?? NSF :2purples:
    I wouldn't say "inventor" becuase it's just a bezel. But yes I made the original bezels and yes I have them in stock. So as to not hijack Dana's muffler thread I'll shoot you a pm.
    RD

Dana Marine Products
    The dockside test is performed at idle. So get that idle as low as you can. The higher the idle, the higher the noise reading.

life's a river
    Thanks for the reply DMP. Are they giving tickets if you are on the lake and db,s are too high? No warnings? Does anybody know if they are checking at lake Mojave?
    LAR

Dana Marine Products
    I can't speak for the county mounty's, but I would assume they will be checking for noise levels. We did have a customer getting harrassed at the end of last summer on Mojave.

rvrhlic
    Is switchable exhaust only illegal in CA? What is the law in AZ?

OutCole'd
    Is switchable exhaust only illegal in CA? What is the law in AZ?
    I believe both.

Dana Marine Products
    I don't know the AZ law. The noise levels in AZ are a lot easier to pass then the new CA law. From my understanding, the CA law can be patrolled into AZ for 3 miles into a waterway. Switchable systems are usually pretty expensive, and may not be as effective as some of the new muffler technology.

Nordicflame
    Dana, do these mufflers have internal flappers?
    Dave

i was down at laveycraft yesterday and the gibson seems to be the muffler of choice.it was kinda weird seeing all these new boats with big old mufflers being put on them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast