Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 12 daughter needs some help

superdave013
    You should check with GoFastRacer in the v-drive forum or on HavasuDoug.com. He probably remembers that kind of stuff first hand.
    p.s. Sorry Art.
    LMAO

Jordy
    GoFastRacer is on all the forums, not just the v-drive one!!
    He spends very little time in the Sandbar and wouldn't see this unless it was posted in the v-drive tech here or on Havasu Doug.

Freak
    Looking for something like this?
    Prior to 1000 AD: Members of the Galla tribe inEthiopia notice that they get an energy boost when they eat a certain berry,ground up and mixed with animal fat.
    1000 AD: Arab traders bring coffee back to theirhomeland and cultivate the plant for the first time on plantations. Theyalso began to boil the beans, creating a drink they call "qahwa"(literally, that which prevents sleep).
    1453: Coffee is introduced to Constantinople byOttoman Turks. The world's first coffee shop, Kiva Han, open there in 1475.Turkish law makes it legal for a woman to divorce her husband if he failto provide her with her daily quota of coffee.
    Getting past the middle ages...
    1511: Khair Beg, the corrupt governor of Mecca,tries to ban coffee for feat that its influence might foster oppositionto his rule. The sultan sends word that coffee is sacred and has the governorexecuted.
    1529: The Turkish Army surrounds Vienna. FranzGeorg Kolschitzky, a Viennese who had lived in Turkey, slips through theenemy lines to lead relief forces to the city. The fleeing Turks leavebehind sacks of "dry black fodder" that Kolschitzky recognisesas coffee. He claims it as his reward and opens central Europe's firstcoffee house. He also establishes the habit of refining the brew by filteringout the grounds, sweetening it, and adding a dash of milk.
    Should help out even better http://www.nationalgeographic.com/coffee/ax/frame.html
    http://www.coffeeuniverse.com/university_hist.html

Schiada76
    He spends very little time in the Sandbar and wouldn't see this unless it was posted in the v-drive tech here or on Havasu Doug.
    'less someone rats you out!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Ah, lo siento. I should spend less time posting and more time reading accurately.

Cas
    clarification...hmmmmm......well, there's not much info on the net about coffee in that era. I believe she's studying the 12th, 13th or 14th centuries?

Cas
    Freak,
    yep, that's some pretty good stuff. According to Ashley, it has to be in more of an interview type format. Sure would have been easier if I was swinging a sword instead of drinking coffee the morning she decided to pick her topic

Freak
    clarification...hmmmmm......well, there's not much info on the net about coffee in that era. I believe she's studying the 12th, 13th or 14th centuries?
    Right I just wanted to make sure she wanted to cover the complete middle ages. That could be a lot of coverage for 7th grade. A basic overview or what ever for all continents?

Freak
    Freak,
    yep, that's some pretty good stuff. According to Ashley, it has to be in more of an interview type format. Sure would have been easier if I was swinging a sword instead of drinking coffee the morning she decided to pick her topic
    LOL correct.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast