Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Droop snoot?

MizBubba
    We're thinking about putting a droop snoot on the big yellow boat... anybody got any words of encouragement, (or warnings) about what we can expect?
    Besides a better roost than the pathetic one we have now , I'm hopeful it will help with steering at slower speeds, and possibly give us a little more speed.
    I don't suppose one of ya'll has one sitting in yer garage you want to sell, huh?

JustMVG
    Ya know i do happen to have one sittin in the garage, do you already have a place divertor? PM me . MikeVG

sdpm
    It will help your holeshot and in most cases it will increase your top end speed! They create lift(less wetted surface) inturn picking up speed. It most likely will not help with slow speed steering. I have them "new" for $180.00 + freight if you can't find a good used one. If you do find a used one make sure the o-ring area is not wore out. That is why people sell them and install new ones.

JustMVG
    if you don't already have one you should look into getting a ride plate too.

HammerDown
    Not all hulls respond positively to a droop...I would contact one of the pro's, (Jack, Duane, Don, Tom Papp) tell them your hull/engine/speed etc and listen to what (they) suggest.

bp
    you didn't happen to mention what kind of pump you have.. a droop may not be adaptable unless you have a specific type bowl.

MizBubba
    you didn't happen to mention what kind of pump you have.. a droop may not be adaptable unless you have a specific type bowl.
    Berkeley pump... and my oh, so talented brother-in-law, Sleekcraft76, is converting us to a split-bowl when he gets through tricking out his ride!

sdpm
    Not all hulls respond positively to a droop...I would contact one of the pro's, (Jack, Duane, Don, Tom Papp) tell them your hull/engine/speed etc and listen to what (they) suggest.
    Are these the only people that know about pumps? What does it take to qualify as a "PRO"?

Are these the only people that know about pumps? What does it take to qualify as a "PRO"?
    Yeah Hammer ,............. loosen up Bro! :mix:
    Markist

HammerDown
    The reason I suggested the above names is due to the fact those mentioned work on hundred's of hulls...so yes (I) would think that qualifies them as knowing what works best for each hull/set-up....or not.
    Or Bubba could go spend the money because some hack said so and have a ill handling boat.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast