Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paying Cash...vs...financing New Truck!!??

FRENCHIE
    Anyone have any input on breaks if any on paying cash vs financing an 05' F250 crew cab diesel!!?? Should one expect a better deal?? hundreds off price, thousands?? or anything?? thanx for the input!!

djunkie
    Why pay cash if you can get a very low if not 0% financing. Leave the money in the bank where you can make money on it. Even though the interest banks are paying is low.

FRENCHIE
    They of course make money on your financing if you go with them. I usually will wait until the end of the month and then hit em up...usually get a better deal so they can make theri numbers for the month.
    that is true in my sales too we wanna make #s at end of the month!!

FRENCHIE
    Why pay cash if you can get a very low if not 0% financing. Leave the money in the bank where you can make money on it. Even though the interest banks are paying is low.
    of course this is the wise thing to do!! however it is not the answer to my question at hand....i would just like to know, if there is a difference!! thanx anyway!
    :idea:

OutCole'd
    You would get a better deal to finance it as far as price. Most dealers make more off the back end (financing, ext warr, etc) than off the sale of the vehicle.
    I would go with a 0% if it is available & spend the money on boat stereo equipment instead.

FRENCHIE
    You would get a better deal to finance it as far as price. Most dealers make more off the back end (financing, ext warr, etc) than off the sale of the vehicle.
    I would go with a 0% if it is available & spend the money on boat stereo equipment instead.
    id rather get a nice rebate like 5k or a such, and go through my credit union as i can get 4.25 with them!! but still would like to know more opinions on cash!!!

OutCole'd
    id rather get a nice rebate like 5k or a such, and go through my credit union as i can get 4.25 with them!! but still would like to know more opinions on cash!!!

Cash is worthless to the dealer, they would rather have you finance it, they would make more that way. Whether you pay cah, or they sell the loan to a bank, either way, they get paid within a week. But if you finance, they get a kick back from the finance company, keep your cash.
    When I bought my last truck, I could get either 1.9 from GM and no rebate, or 4.9 from Chase & a $2,500 rebate. After doing the math, it was about $2.00 per month to go with the rebate as additional down payment, & pay the higher interest.

Music to my Ears
    How about financing it up front to get the better price from the dealer, and then just pay it off? :rollside:

cc322
    I would say If you have the cash at hand do it, but if not the dealer still gets the cash from the finance company so I would think it is cash to the dealer either way. As far as waiting for the end of the month I'm not to sure If I buy that theroy, I have heard it but a hungry dealer would rather make a sale no matter if It's the first middle or end of the month. I just bought my truck and went to the dealer on the last day of the year 12/31/04, couldn't close the deal went back one week later and closed the deal, so I guess it depends on the dealer and the sales mgr. I would do all your leg work on the internet and then go to close the deal. Good Luck

Just Tool'n
    Here is what I have been doing for about 10 years.
    I take the money out of the bank, & go buy what I want.
    Then i go into Quicken set up a loan for the truck or car I want.
    Set it up for either 4 or 5 years, then I set the intrest rate at 8 or 10%.
    Then every month i go in & make a payment to myself into my savings account that I took the money out of.
    This way I pay myself a heck of alot more intrest than what the banks are paying on regular savings account, especially over the last 3-4 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast