Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eliminator Hull?

i met this kid up at the sandbar in havasu a couple of years ago with a red one with tribal flames (also had a feature in HB) the boat ran in the mid 70's with about 450 HP i spoke with him and all he could say were pos. things about the boat! ive heard this kinda stuff about this hull for years,...what makes this hull not perform like any other tunnell?
    Todd

BrendellaJet
    Todd, that s the one i was talking about. If you read the article, he admits in there that it was a fair weather boat!

Duane HTP
    what makes this hull not perform like any other tunnell? They have a different center pod that sucks the boat down to the water. Very, very hard to make them ever get their nose up and run good. In fact they suck down so bad, that they continually splash water in your face from between the sponsons while driving them on a little chop.

SPECTRABRENT
    The Scorpian is a great looking hull, if it has problems
    why doesnt someone fix it?
    Brent

HBjet
    I have known two people who had them with jets. both were JJ splashes. they were just average stock hp and weren't very fast. probably not dialed in very well. there was a guy running one in NJBA a few years back with blower power going around 130.
    130mph in one of these hulls? Was it being dragged by a TFH? I'm not calling BS, but I highly doubt one of these hulls has ran 130mph. If so, thats amazing.
    I haven't heard anything good about these hulls and when someone wants a tunnel they usually go looking for a Daytona, Stealth, Shadow, etc... I think they look cool with an outboard though :hammer2:
    HBjet

shirkey4750
    This boat is red, and has been setting for a number of years in a guys back yard. I was told that it had only about 10 hrs. on it since new. But it sat uncovered, so the interior was shot and the guy that bought it repainted the top deck. Guy wants 3 grand for the boat and trailer.

130mph in one of these hulls? Was it being dragged by a TFH? I'm not calling BS, but I highly doubt one of these hulls has ran 130mph. If so, thats amazing.
    I haven't heard anything good about these hulls and when someone wants a tunnel they usually go looking for a Daytona, Stealth, Shadow, etc... I think they look cool with an outboard though :hammer2:
    HBjet
    I didn't say I recommended one. We used to call them "Star Wars lookin boats"
    I used to subscribe to Drag Boat Review and National Drag Boat. thats where I read about the guy running one in the 130 range.
    One of the guys I knew who had one had the loader hanging about 3/4" below keel so we knew he wasn't going anywhere fast.
    now that I think about it, when I lived in Havasu, I remember there was a guy who had one with a Mercruiser in it. it had some kind of custom transom mods to get enough height for the outdrive installation.

HBjet
    "Star Wars lookin boats"
    It kinda has that X-Wing look... :lightsabe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12