Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Boat Show preview

Jordy
    OK, so I don't have pictures, but I did spend a good portion of the afternoon down there today waiting for Kachina Ken to show up and setup his little lighting gig and it was rather entertaining watching people try and squeeze boats in and around the crew working on putting the carpet in, then cover it with plastic. The worst part was, the guys that were the furthest back were the last ones in for the most part. Amazing stuff. :idea:
    Let me start by saying, it's half the size of what it was last year at the Civic Plaza. It's in the south hall rather than the north, so that means more of a walk from Hooters.
    In the far Northwest corner is Kachina and Magic/Sleek. They kind of have their own little area. In the same little cubby is Nordic, Calabria, Tritoon and some plain chopper gun specials that all pretty much look alike.
    Kachina brought out 5 models. A 23', a 26' 2 30's and the new 34.' All pretty tame gels so they weren't obnoxious and offensive like some of the last couple years shows. These ones actually had a color theme kind of deal to them, not just white boats with random crap painted on them.
    I did see Gary's new 30' complete with the new 600hp Merc. Very nice looking boat, although we did harass him a little on the phone when he called today.
    Magic/Sleek have by far, the best looking boats at the show. They brought in the new 30' deck boat/cat with the automatic bimini top and by far it is the baddest boat at the show. Up close it looks way bigger than 30'. They're running a couple of 650hp N/A engines under the hatch (non-Mercruiser) and claim pump gas reliability. The colors, fades, trailer, pretty much everytyhing about the boat is unreal. They seem to have an open bow them rolling this year as I don't recall a single cuddy cabin there. They had a bright red 28' cat that was absolutely unreal, again down to the trailer. There were a couple of Sleek 30' v-hull's in the bunch, which I found ironic right across (like 10') from Kachina.
    Nordic has a 25' Rage and a 28' Heat for the show. Aside from being buried in with a fleet of tan fiberglass they're nice looking boats. The 28' is sporting the 600 Merc as well as the new Bravo XR drive.
    Other than that, it's a plethora of ski boats/wake towers, some big cruisers, a house boat, and bass boats until you get to the other end of the hall.
    Eliminator has a couple of 26' Daytona's and v-hulls and the dealer from Prescott brought down a 32' Fountain.
    There are a couple houseboats out side as well as a couple more big cruisers backed up to the loading dock. The outside boats should be a hit as it's supposed to rain all weekend anyway. :idea:
    I'll be back tomorrow and drag my camera along. Maybe someone will drop off some hardware out there overnight.

roln 20s
    I'll be going tomorrow evening after work to setup some of Boat Bling's parts throughout the show. Expect to see them on Eliminator, Magic (already has twin Boat Bling Classic covers on the 32 Sleek), Nordic and hopefully a few Kachinas. Check this out on the 32 Sleek-- actual shot from the LA Boat Show. I look forward to seeing you all out there--especially Friday night at Hooters.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...03IMG_0043.JPG
    The custom Eliminator Classic Boat Bling 496HO cover
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...03IMG_0052.JPG
    The Nordic Classic Boat Bling 496HO cover
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...03IMG_0065.JPG
    Jordy, I have to agree, the 30 Magic Deckboat is one of the Boats of the Year in my opinion- just absolutely beautiful, everything you need and nothing you don't Anyone interested, go talk to Brett or Ron- they will take care of you.
    Roln 20s
    www.boatbling.net

fourspeednup
    That Nordic logo came out nice Patrick
    As the boats get bigger...the space gets smaller :hammerhea

LakeRacer
    Ok, here is the scoop:
    I have another wings party set up at Hooters but unfortunately it has to be on Friday night. There is a Rattlers game on Saturday night and they wouldn't let me book a party for that night.
    Friday night at 7:30pm, Hooters at the Arizona Centre (3rd St. and Van Buren) just north of the Civic Plaza where the boat show is being held. I know most of you are going to the show on Saturday but we do have a few of us going to Hooters on Friday night.
    Remember, if you show up for the wings party, the free wings only last for one hour.

SCUBA STEVE
    Thanks for the pre picture report.
    Roln 20's those bling covers are sweet
    Not sure if we'll make the show or not.

Sane Asylum
    Jordy.......Great update......Think we're going Sat. afternoon.
    ROLN.......Damn, those covers are nice......How much to put the custom logo on ???? I need two for my 496HO's.......Sunsation logo......(not the one to the left.....Just the Sunsation text as it appears..)
    Guess I can save it and ask at the show.......Why can't I stop spending money.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

roln 20s
    Thanks for the great words guys. I will be at the show on Friday evening, and then heading to Hooters for the Wings party.
    Sane Asylum-- check your PM and we can talk. I will definately take care of you.
    Thanks so much again.
    Roln 20s

Boatcop
    Didja see my toy Tug Boat there?
    We loaned it to the Game and Fish Department for their display.
    Well, actually we loaned it BACK to them, since they gave it to us in the first place.

Mardonzi
    I'm down in the Valley for work and if it drags on long enough, I just might make it. Gonna need directions though,, being as I'm not from around these parts. (Coming from the Sheraton on 52nd and Broadway).

Debbolas
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...jordy_boat.JPG
    I don't know, I like THIS boat............ :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast