Thread: And you support this clown too?

Blown 472
    Rumsfeld Suggests bin Laden, Zarqawi Manipulating U.S. Press
    When Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld appeared on Rush Limbaugh's talk radio show on Monday, his remarks defending himself from calls for his resignation drew wide attention. Generally overlooked were a couple of questions and answers on the subject of press coverage in Iraq.
    For one thing, Rumsfeld said it was important to "recognize that the terrorists, Zarqawi and bin Laden and Zawahiri, those people have media committees. They are actively out there trying to manipulate the press in the United States. They are very good at it. They're much better at (laughing) managing those kinds of things than we are."
    Asked why fewer reporters were embedding in Iraq, Rumsfeld said he'd talked to one journalist, and "there was a kind of impression left that 'Well, if you got embedded then you were really part of the problem instead of part of the solution and you were almost going over to the other side,' argument. I think that's an inexcusable thought, and I don't know if that's the case." He did not explain why he mentioned that, not knowing if it was true."
    Here is the transcript, from the Limbaugh Web site, of that portion of the interview.
    * LIMBAUGH: Let me amend it. Let me ask you one final question. Somebody on my staff is curious to know what your opinion is of embedding reporters with the military. Has that worked? Has that worked as you had hoped?
    SECRETARY RUMSFELD: Well, it has. It worked during the Iraq conflict, and a lot of people who are reporters and journalists were able to work with our troops and see precisely how terrific they are, the wonderful job they do, the kinds of people they are, how professional they are -- and the rest of their lives they're going to have an impression of the American military that will be good for journalism, in my view. Furthermore, they were able, because they were embedded, to see and then give the world and the people of the United States a slice of what was actually happening, real reality, and it was a good thing. More recently, very few people had been being embedded. We're still offering that opportunity, but there have been far fewer journalists who have stepped up to become embedded.
    LIMBAUGH: Why do you think that is?
    SECRETARY RUMSFELD: Well, it's a funny thing. I asked one reporter about that, and there was kind of the impression left that, "Well, if you got embedded then you were really part of the problem instead of part of the solution and you were almost going over to the other side," argument. I think that's an inexcusable thought, and I don't know if that's the case.
    LIMBAUGH: That's outrageous.
    SECRETARY RUMSFELD: It is. (Laughing.)
    RUSH: I can't believe that.
    SECRETARY RUMSFELD: (Laughing.)

Steve 1
    So Bent you support bin Laden and Zarqawi ???

SmokinLowriderSS
    So Bent you support bin Laden and Zarqawi ???
    Don't have proof of blown, but the press at large certainly do.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Don't ya just hate the fact that ya can't "bait" me blown?
    blown, you're gonna continue to be miserable the rest of your life I guess. :yuk: You hate the president, because he's a business man, because he makes business decisions, damn, it's 2x as bad because the VP is a business man too. They think like people who .. well .... run businesses, just like the "clown" you work for. Sure would be better to go back to being presided over by LAWYERS again (well, one of them got disbarred). The 2 who lost the last election were a career liar (and senator) and a TORT LAWYER. :yuk: Businessmen make decisions based on the fact that, for a business to be a success, it needs to make a profit, not carry arround a bunch of dead weight and give away the farm just because they have a farm and someone else doesn't. This country was founded by businessmen who risked everything they had and dreamed of having. This nation grew on the backs of businessmen who worked hard, had ideas, risked everything they had, some succeeded, some failed, that is the way it goes. The failures needed a better idea, or another idea to try again, or should have tried harder.
    You are jealous of the rich, my mother is just the same way, thank heavens I think more like my father. The guys at the top, if a company is sucessful, deserve to get a paycheck, same as anyone at the bottom, or in the middle. If I screw up, I get fired. If they screw up, they get fired (like the previous CEO of Learjet, 2 years ago). What the dollar ammount of the check is, is a debatable subject, but I would not expect a CEO to guide a company sucessfully for free any more than I would expect you to sweep a floor for free. I would also not expect their employment contract to be violated without due cause any more than I would expect mine violated just because someone thinks I make too much one weekend. Ya see, I'm even handed. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Dad & I let her rant along gnawing on her foot for a few minuites before I squared her away on the above last Tues. Besides, I asked her just what would she get if the CEO DID just "split his bonus up and give an equal share to each employee"? "What would you do with your 5 bucks mom?" His 10-million looks big, her Fiver ain't so desireable. And she's RETIRED! I'm not jealous of anyone who has more than I do, I am no worse than they are, I do not envy them, nor their money, nor their 3 houses, their Jaguar or Infinity Q__. They worked for it, they earned it, big deal. You must REALLY hate Bill Gates as he has more money that a few Arab Oil Sheiks COMBINED (although the entire Walton heirs added up, could buy him). You using Windows here? An Intel processor or motherboard controller chipset (Northbridge/Southbridge set)? You paid Bill Gates for it, thus you made him richer. I disagree with Bill Gates' politics, but not his wealth. Hell, I wish I owned 1 share of Microsoft from it's IPO back in the '80's.
    I also want this country protected, safety in your home & mine, & I (also unlike you) am willing to personally DO something to effect that safety. The previous admin (were you busting Billy's chops over pizza delivery in Mogadishu? where the f'ing press was advised of which beach the landing was on and what time it would be so they could meet the marines there for photos!??!?!?!?!?) You know exactly why "Blackhawk Down" was such a fiasco? because the personell there WERE NOT PROVIDED HEAVY SUPPORT ELEMENTS IN CASE OF TROUBLE! The Pakistanis had to be talked in to sending armor to rescue the guys. Sure, we had gunships galore, kept them alive all night but couldn't rescue them. The grunts on the ground had UNARMORED HUMVEES, and got the shit shot out of them trying to go get their bretheren, repeatedly. WHY??? Because Clinton wanted to look good at feeding Somalia, then upped the ante (capturing warlords), and refused to give troops what they needed (and asked for, in advance), unlike the current administration. I want fascist terrorists killed somewhere overseas, not on your or my front porch. The NY Times wants them in their office building. The ACLU wants you to rent them your house (and give them your kids). The ACLU wants the ones we captured, shooting at us overseas, dressed as civilians, in a war zone, tried in US courts with high-priced US attorneys, paid for by the US govt, when what ought to happen is when their intel value has run out, they should be shot, immediately, and burried with a slice of ham on their forehead. You doubt that the terrorists have any care over the press. Explain to me then the reason they USE the press ... with videotapes of beheadings, videotapes of hostages begging to be dealt for, announcements of responsibility for various acts of terrorism. They USE THE PRESS, ON PURPOSE, to believe otherwise is to be a fool, yet you claim I am the fool, which makes you an idiot. Yes, I use "idiot" after looking up the definition, you fit.
    Now, go stick your head in the sand again. :skull:

Blown 472
    Don't ya just hate the fact that ya can't "bait" me blown?
    blown, you're gonna continue to be miserable the rest of your life I guess. :yuk: You hate the president, because he's a business man, because he makes business decisions, damn, it's 2x as bad because the VP is a business man too. They think like people who .. well .... run businesses, just like the "clown" you work for. Sure would be better to go back to being presided over by LAWYERS again (well, one of them got disbarred). The 2 who lost the last election were a career liar (and senator) and a TORT LAWYER. :yuk: Businessmen make decisions based on the fact that, for a business to be a success, it needs to make a profit, not carry arround a bunch of dead weight and give away the farm just because they have a farm and someone else doesn't. This country was founded by businessmen who risked everything they had and dreamed of having. This nation grew on the backs of businessmen who worked hard, had ideas, risked everything they had, some succeeded, some failed, that is the way it goes. The failures needed a better idea, or another idea to try again, or should have tried harder.
    You are jealous of the rich, my mother is just the same way, thank heavens I think more like my father. The guys at the top, if a company is sucessful, deserve to get a paycheck, same as anyone at the bottom, or in the middle. If I screw up, I get fired. If they screw up, they get fired (like the previous CEO of Learjet, 2 years ago). What the dollar ammount of the check is, is a debatable subject, but I would not expect a CEO to guide a company sucessfully for free any more than I would expect you to sweep a floor for free. I would also not expect their employment contract to be violated without due cause any more than I would expect mine violated just because someone thinks I make too much one weekend. Ya see, I'm even handed. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Dad & I let her rant along gnawing on her foot for a few minuites before I squared her away on the above last Tues. Besides, I asked her just what would she get if the CEO DID just "split his bonus up and give an equal share to each employee"? "What would you do with your 5 bucks mom?" His 10-million looks big, her Fiver ain't so desireable. And she's RETIRED! I'm not jealous of anyone who has more than I do, I am no worse than they are, I do not envy them, nor their money, nor their 3 houses, their Jaguar or Infinity Q__. They worked for it, they earned it, big deal. You must REALLY hate Bill Gates as he has more money that a few Arab Oil Sheiks COMBINED (although the entire Walton heirs added up, could buy him). You using Windows here? An Intel processor or motherboard controller chipset (Northbridge/Southbridge set)? You paid Bill Gates for it, thus you made him richer. I disagree with Bill Gates' politics, but not his wealth. Hell, I wish I owned 1 share of Microsoft from it's IPO back in the '80's.
    I also want this country protected, safety in your home & mine, & I (also unlike you) am willing to personally DO something to effect that safety. The previous admin (were you busting Billy's chops over pizza delivery in Mogadishu? where the f'ing press was advised of which beach the landing was on and what time it would be so they could meet the marines there for photos!??!?!?!?!?) You know exactly why "Blackhawk Down" was such a fiasco? because the personell there WERE NOT PROVIDED HEAVY SUPPORT ELEMENTS IN CASE OF TROUBLE! The Pakistanis had to be talked in to sending armor to rescue the guys. Sure, we had gunships galore, kept them alive all night but couldn't rescue them. The grunts on the ground had UNARMORED HUMVEES, and got the shit shot out of them trying to go get their bretheren, repeatedly. WHY??? Because Clinton wanted to look good at feeding Somalia, then upped the ante (capturing warlords), and refused to give troops what they needed (and asked for, in advance), unlike the current administration. I want fascist terrorists killed somewhere overseas, not on your or my front porch. The NY Times wants them in their office building. The ACLU wants you to rent them your house (and give them your kids). The ACLU wants the ones we captured, shooting at us overseas, dressed as civilians, in a war zone, tried in US courts with high-priced US attorneys, paid for by the US govt, when what ought to happen is when their intel value has run out, they should be shot, immediately, and burried with a slice of ham on their forehead. You doubt that the terrorists have any care over the press. Explain to me then the reason they USE the press ... with videotapes of beheadings, videotapes of hostages begging to be dealt for, announcements of responsibility for various acts of terrorism. They USE THE PRESS, ON PURPOSE, to believe otherwise is to be a fool, yet you claim I am the fool, which makes you an idiot. Yes, I use "idiot" after looking up the definition, you fit.
    Now, go stick your head in the sand again. :skull:
    And to think you wasting all the time fixing them airplanes when you could be making big coin as one of them psycho terispist. Funny how you gleend all this from what I post. Seems as though you are the angry one.

Steve 1
    You know SS The rats taught me there is a limit to what you can make under their pinko rule like reno and that half man klein trying to breakup Microsoft (stock market dived the next day) they cost people a lot of money with that brainless Stalinist twist of law. Of course Rats are mental midgets otherwise they would be conservative!
    And Rats do a poor job of defense of this country and like to breed terrorism, Somalia the military asked for a specter gunship but the impeached Bent one said NO!

Blown 472
    You know SS The rats taught me there is a limit to what you can make under their pinko rule like reno and that half man klein trying to breakup Microsoft (stock market dived the next day) they cost people a lot of money with that brainless Stalinist twist of law. Of course Rats are mental midgets otherwise they would be conservative!
    And Rats do a poor job of defense of this country and like to breed terrorism, Somalia the military asked for a specter gunship but the impeached Bent one said NO!
    And folks welcome to 1950, better dig a bomb shelter in your backyard and stock up on canned food and leave it to beaver reruns.

Steve 1
    And folks welcome to 1950, better dig a bomb shelter in your backyard and stock up on canned food and leave it to beaver reruns.
    Evidently you do not read well either!!

SmokinLowriderSS
    Why? You suddenly scareed??? Russia is not going to trade nukes with us, and neither is China. Iran MAY only get 1, if they are lucky. Dig your own shelter, I'll work on my tan mowing my yard.