Thread: droop snoot.

turbo
    ever sence I installed a droop snoot my rooster has a terrible flat spot on one side. before it was full. it's from a divider in the middle I think. has any one removed this divider. will it effect performance. will it weaken the thing.

Slow Boat 001
    Dont remove it , I had a friend that did it on his race boat and it didnt work as good when he removed it . He lost E.T. and Speed

EDROE
    Turbo, what did the droop snoot do for your boats performance? Is your pump set back? Just curious....EDROE

turbo
    Edro, to be honest I don't think it did any thing.I was trying to lower the thrust angle. mabe give this thing some lift.my pump is a berk.g no set back. v hull 15 degree pitch. 19' 6"

froggystyle
    I don't think they do anything either. It just looks cool.

SPECTRABRENT
    AS soon as installed the short droop snoot it really loosend the boat and I gained approx. 3 mph. I have recently bought the long snoot and I am going to try it on the next river trip.
    SpectraBrent

rstover1
    Droops only help certian hulls I have a tx19 my friend has a tx with a droop that runs a gps 98 mph Ive had several people tell me that a tx will pick up 8 to 10 mph with a droop I got one coming when I get one Ill let you know how much gain I see. Right now my boat runs mid 60s if the tails are true I should run mid to lower 70s.

EDROE
    when I said performance I was talking about the rooster tail. what does it do for the tail?

Slick
    Edroe,
    When I was in your boat I didn't ask if you had the place all the way up. Is your pump not throwing enough tail for you? If that's the case (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) I think you would need to install a wedge or Place diverter has what they call a "Rooster Booster". It's got an 8 degree pitch to it.
    Later
    Slick

turbo
    EDRO, as far as the rooster is not as cool as without. now my tail is lopsided with that divider in the middle. maybe I will sharpen it like a knife to clean it up?