Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Selecting the camshaft. . .

Mike,
    I will start a fresh thread on RAM Effect, but it will be awhile. Be happy to. On port volume I will get a head mfg to come on, hopefully John at Canfield.
    Chris

Norseman
    Mike,
    I will start a fresh thread on RAM Effect, but it will be awhile. Be happy to. On port volume I will get a head mfg to come on, hopefully John at Canfield.
    Chris
    Chris;
    Thanks for putting all the time into this and sharing your knowledge with us!!!!
    Bob

Norse,
    I don't have much to share!!! I just hate it when people go out and spend big $$$ and dont' get the return on it they should.
    Chris

steelcomp
    Chris.....and maybe a little on head port area size for X amount of c.i.
    If you can find the time.
    Thinking of making some modifications to the heads I have. :clover:
    Mike, what mods are you thinking of making? If I'm not mistaken, you're running a BBFord?? Blu Thunder heads?
    There's so much more to a port than volume or just X section that it would be impractical to try and generalize. I'm no port wizard, but I've learned a few things in my travels, and one of them is that no one port is optimal for multiple applications. Cyl head mfgrs try ro cover a variety of engine combinations with a single design, and lately are offering more and more choices to cover a wider array of engine combo's, but to find a production aftermarket head that perfectly fits your criteria is seldom done. I still haven't seen many production performance heads that seem to have it right yet, even when it comes to fundamentals, but I suppose they have their reasons for doing what they do. I've never seen a set of BT heads up close enough to see whats going on with their ports, but I imagine they're no different. Not knocking them by any means...just an observation.

MikeF
    to find a production aftermarket head that perfectly fits your criteria is seldom done.
    That kinda covers it. Not that I'm 100% sure I'll be able to do that either. :clover: I always would like to do things to my engine to improve it, but It ain't broke so I can continue driving it just the way it is.
    No Ford in this camp, but there are some things that I like about them that the Chevy's don't have.
    Just looking to increase V.E. :shift:

steelcomp
    That kinda covers it. Not that I'm 100% sure I'll be able to do that either. :clover: I always would like to do things to my engine to improve it, but It ain't broke so I can continue driving it just the way it is.
    No Ford in this camp, but there are some things that I like about them that the Chevy's don't have.
    Just looking to increase V.E. :shift:
    OOps...sorry about the Ford thing...it's all good. Just remember, as I'm sure you already know...bigger is not always better where ports are concerned. :coffeycup

MikeF
    Remind me once we get into the heads and induction to talk about Ram Effect, I was just reminded I said I would do this on another thread and didn't.
    Whenever you can find the time Chris.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011