Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got home

phebus
    Just got home from my emergency trip to the hospital from my second back surgery. Turns out that within the last year I broke the Fiset off my L4 vertabrae, which in turn eventually tore the disc resulting in a disc rupture. Dr. removed the broken bone, cleaned up the disc, which included removing a cist from the disc which was also created by the boken bone, and now I am on the mend.
    Now getting back to work as a fireman after a broken back, and two back surgeries...............? Now you know why the Havasu house is for sale.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    :jawdrop: well I am glad everything worked out for you. good luck while on the mend.

ahhell
    Dont hurry the recovery, successful back surgery depends on good recovery...then get your arse back to work....

Mohavekid
    That sucks.
    Follow your physical therapy routine to the letter, it helps a lot.
    I broke my back at t-12 and L-1 about 15 years ago and despite the doctors poor prognosis, excercise and a desire not to be disabled made all the difference. I have very litle trouble with it now, buit the first few weeks laying flat on my back sucked big time. Thank God for Demereol.

slink
    Good luck on the recovery Rick......get back to work you hosedragger and try not to destroy all the evidence with H2O

IN2-IN2MX
    Ouch! Hope you recover soon. Don't rush it...follow doctor's orders.

Forkin' Crazy
    Sorry to hear that. Glad they got ya fixed up. Speedy recovery!

BarryMac
    Good luck Phebus, I hope for a speedy and pain free recovery...
    gjb

Debbolas
    I've had back problems most of my (young) life
    I had a diskectamy ( I think that is what it's called, where they cut the buldge off your disk, that was a piece of cake, felt better as soon as I woke up)
    Then I had my back nerves "cooked" to kill off the leg pain, when my doc got to my disk and tried the disk o gram I nearly lept off the table, it hurt so bad, he couldn't "cook" my disk as it was completely gone....
    I found Dr. Disney (the best in the world) IMO He said he could reduce my pain by 80% with a three level back fusion. The bottom three, I forget the names....He also put rods down my back to help strenghten it. I had a 10 hour surgery, had 7 blood transfusions, and woke up in ICU in the worst pain of my life....Spent a week in the hospital and went home with a walker, so I could learn to walk again (my left leg, didn't work so well)
    Three years later, I've been doing ok, except for this awful back and leg pain I've had for about the last 6 months. Had an MRI and my disk above the fusion "blew up" and ran down my spine. That's bad, because to cut it out Dr. Disney has to remove some of the hardware he installed in my back.
    My pain management doctor keeps trying to give me methadone patches, NO THANKS!!! "it's ok, I will just live with the pain"
    Dr. Disney wants me to wait 3 months to see if the nerve will calm down.
    I'm suppose to get a brachial block sometime next month?
    Dr. Disney said it wasn't my fault....Because I don't remember doing anything to "hurt" my back. Just all the normal stuff, like gardening, mopping, vacumning, etc... I don't pull up boat anchors anymore
    So, good luck with your back, pick your doctor well, follow his orders, let me know if ya need to chat....
    Deb

Debbolas
    Dam Run? May 13-15? :idea:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast