Thread: How long will the batteries last? 2000watts/2-15's

YOUNG
    I am in the progress of putting two Alpine Type R 15" subs and 2000 watts of Alpine amps in my boat along with one cranking battery and two yellow top opitmas just for the system. I am curious though of how long the yellow tops will run the system before going dead. Any ideas?

Havasu Hangin'
    I am in the progress of putting two Alpine Type R 15" subs and 2000 watts of Alpine amps in my boat along with one cranking battery and two yellow top opitmas just for the system. I am curious though of how long the yellow tops will run the system before going dead. Any ideas?
    There are a few variables...like what kind of amps, and what % you play them at.

YOUNG
    The amps are apline MRD 1000 calss D. If they are going to be on then they will be cranked up.

ROZ
    The amps are apline MRD 1000 calss D. If they are going to be on then they will be cranked up.
    Are you cranking it up to the point the deck clips or???
    Define cranked up as in a percentage of total volume....65% is cranked loud for me while 85% total volume may be cranked for you...
    Since those are just the 2 sub amps, what other amps will be powered from these 2 batteries?

YOUNG
    85% is the normal amount. There won't be any other amps right now for the rest of the speakers. Just the head unit and four 6.5" speakers.

ROZ
    With the amount of bass drowning out your 4 speakers, you likely won't get it that high without it sounding like shit... Why not run the 2 subs off 1 MRDM1000 an get a 4channel amp and speakers that will help keep things balanced out? Wire the additional amp later on...

YOUNG
    Not a bad idea. I was kinda worried about the other 4 speakers not being able to keep up with the subs.

Havasu Hangin'
    Not a bad idea. I was kinda worried about the other 4 speakers not being able to keep up with the subs.
    http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmili.../xyxthumbs.gif
    To say that system will be "bass heavy" will be an understatement.
    As for the batteries, those amps will probably draw around 80 amps, so you'll probably last around an hour. However, I don't think you'll ever get a chance to use it for that long, as the people around you will go insane long before that....
    :hammerhea