Thread: Ultra 22 Stealth help

MOSKITOW
    The new guy needs some help....have a 2004 Ultra 22 Stealth w/vortec jet combination...Love the boat...but looking for a little more go...I've talked to a few people about putting whipple or super charger on, what do you think?....I'm looking for the most cost effective method of more speed and less cash...or the wife will kill me... :argue: :hammerhea

Taylorman
    Use some "SHE MONEY", money she don't know about. :devil:

Hustler
    What motor is in it? There is alot of things you can do to help the performance of it including doing some pump work.

MOSKITOW
    It's the 5.7 L Vortec done by Marine Power for Ultra.

BrendellaJet
    It's the 5.7 L Vortec done by Marine Power for Ultra.
    Thats why! You need a big block! Supercharging that small block may be cheaper than that though, depends on if you want to keep the fuel injection...What speed/RPM are you getting now?

i think you should call Tom Papp, he knows those hulls!
    951-734-4606
    Corona CA

LOWRIVER2
    I'll second Tom Papp. That's a lot of boat for a small block. Pump work would be the most cost effective move at this point. Are you sure it's not the 6.0 (396) GM motor that's around 320hp? I know Ultra usually puts that out as standard power.

Lightning
    I'll second Tom Papp. That's a lot of boat for a small block. Pump work would be the most cost effective move at this point. Are you sure it's not the 6.0 (396) GM motor that's around 320hp? I know Ultra usually puts that out as standard power.
    That's what I was thinking. It would be odd to have a 5.7 in a newer boat.
    Tom Papp knows his stuff. He is rebuilding my motor right now, but that's another story.
    As far as the pump, the first thing I would do is add a droop snoot.

MOSKITOW
    :idea: Okay your right I did make a mistake it is the 6.0 vortec...I was looking at the wrong line in the manual had pull the boat out yesterday to verify... :messedup:I know new guy asking for help and not even knowing the engine mode. :messedup: