Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions on new boats-25-27 footers

Cole Trickle
    Hello,
    I am currently looking to upgrade in size from my 21' Cole jet to something a little bigger/newer.
    I will be buying new and I would like to stay in the 65-80K price range.(This pretty much rules out the Howard/Hallett)
    Power will come from a 496HO and it will be left alone.(For warranty sake/reliability)
    The boat will be open bow with a cuddy cabin.
    The boats that I am currently eyeing are the 25' Nordic Rage , 26' Sleekcraft and the 27' Dana.
    I would like to hear some opinions on speed,handling,value,rigging and overall manners.
    Any feedback or experience with the 3 companies/boats would be greatly appreciated.(I can't find alot of info on the Sleekcraft?)
    We typically boat on the Parker strip or Havasu and might make an occasional trip to Catalina once or twice a year so we would like something that would do 65+ and be good in the late afternoon Havasu chop.
    Thanks for your help!
    Brandin

dicudmore
    All 3 are NICE boats
    Good luck to ya

wantacat
    Hello,
    I am currently looking to upgrade in size from my 21' Cole jet to something a little bigger/newer.
    I will be buying new and I would like to stay in the 65-80K price range.(This pretty much rules out the Howard/Hallett)
    Power will come from a 496HO and it will be left alone.(For warranty sake/reliability)
    The boats that I am currently eyeing are the 25' Nordic Rage , 26' Sleekcraft and the 27' Dana.
    I would like to hear some opinions on speed,handling,value,rigging and overall manners.
    Any feedback or experience with the 3 companies/boats would be greatly appreciated.(I can't find alot of info on the Sleekcraft?)
    We typically boat on the Parker strip or Havasu and might make an occasional trip to Catalina once or twice a year so we would like something that would do 65+ and be good in the late afternoon Havasu chop.
    Thanks for your help!
    Brandin
    I have heard good things about the Dana. It handles the rough water great. Their service is excellent and for the price you get a lot. Everything is prettty much standard on this boat, it comes with the 496HO.
    Sleek I dont know much about them, I checked the 26 out at the boat show and it seemed to have lots of room, especially in the mid cabin.
    Im also in the market for what your looking for, been doing some research for the past six months. Have you looked at the 26 cobra? I also like the cobra, but thats just my opinion. Last but not least take a look at the 25 Shockwave. Good luck!!

JJT4BOATING
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just in case you would be interested, for a used Hallett. Excellent conditon.
    Check Out Hot Boat Classified Ad For Details! 245 Midcabin, 24.5 Feet, Colors Are Blue, Purple, Gray /w Small Checker Pattern. 500hp, Bravo I, External Steering, Kiekhaeffer Trim Tabs, Haylon Fire System, Upgraded Stero/cd, Low Hours, Always Garaged And Covered, Triple Axle Trailer With Chrome Fenders. $58,000.00\obo

BADAXE
    Howard doesn't post their prices on their web site but Hallett does. Halletts 255 closed bow is $71,000 with the 496 mag (not HO).
    http://www.hallettboats.com/pricing.html
    Being a Howard owner and doing a lot of shopping before I made my decision I can tell you should be able to get very nicely equipt 25 Bullet in your price range. Resale value alone is a good reason to take a hard look at the Bullet, besides the fact it's probably the best riding and fastest 25 footer you can get.
    Call Gene or Mike and tell them I sent you. They will treat you great since I'm their favorite customer.

dicudmore
    I don't know about the 25 Bullet....
    I hear rumor they get up there 80K plus pretty easy :220v:
    Awesome boat though

FRENCHIE
    Hello,
    Thanks for your help!
    Brandin
    all great boats!!1 i currently have an 04' 25ft shockwave mid cuddy open bow, with 496ho pkg! love the boat, and the cust service was even better.....top notch!!! id also say check out SHOCKWAVE and ask for Barry....A+ guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    here is the link with info!!........http://www.shockwaveboats.com/

purrfecttremor
    I Also Have A 25ft 04 Shochwave Everything That Frenchie Said And More.best Boat Ive Ever Owned.very Big 25 Compared To The Other Three.

dicudmore
    I see the clan has arrived

THOR
    I dont mind the Nordics, but they all look the same to me and are very limited in terms of gel coats.
    Howard 25' bullet is way over prices IMO. Great boat, but expensive for stock power.
    I would personally go with the Dana. Very nice and great in the rough stuff.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast