Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what are you doing about the new noise law?

Heatseeker
    ...THE BIG RAT HAS TO BREATH!!!
    Yea, except big brother wants us to stuff a cork in it!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    Yea, except big brother wants us to stuff a cork in it!!!
    They can stuff a cork in there you know whats !!!

572Daytona
    We don't have a new noise law here in GA but I picked up a set of Livorsi clampons off of ebay that should go on my OT's I will let you know later this year how they work.

Jbb
    No noise laws here...run what ya brung...lol

Floored
    every since I picked up my boat I've had the long spiral bassett mufflers in place and never worried about it. I have a nice sound altho it will probably not meet the law I launch at a private marina on the river and use plenty of water at higher rpms. on Parker strip my boat seems mighty quiet compared to most.

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    i guess I'll do what I've always done. If you see them from a distance, either shut off and float or turn and run like hell. Best thing is , don't launch at public boat launchs if you can help it. The cops watch them like a hawk!!! Budlight

riverbound
    has anyone thought about running the collecter mufflers like you would find in the Summitt catalog? It seems like these would be the best option for OT's and at least if it looks like you are trying maybe they wont hassle you.
    I sure am glad that I have logs that enter under the water line.

sleekvino
    if your boat was made before 1-1-93 then your allowed more db's 90 to be excact,if made after that then your allowed 88,i think that most of the jet boats will be fine i think its more for the offshore boats,the only way you could get in trouble is not to run some type of baffels.what they should worry about is the dumb jet skiers,in 99 they accounted for 11% of the water craft and 54% of the accidents,that to me is a bigger problem then a little extra noise.just my 2cents. :mix: :lightsabe :messedup:

sleekvino
    its in the new issue of hot boat page 32 frist paragraph.they did a huge test ,those numbers are what the cops should follow but we all know how that goes............. :220v: :2purples:

Jake W2
    I have never had a problem at LOTO with open headers I guess that is one good thing about the midwest.
    Jake

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast