Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Topac Gorge With A Prop?

famaffair
    Is the water shallow through the Gorge? I have a 26 footer and I wonder if I can make it through there without ruining a prop. I have never been through there.

Havasu Hangin'
    I've taken my 35' through many times...no problems.
    There is a shallow spot (if the water is down), just south of the bridge (in front of the beach on the right). Stay on plane, and you'll be fine.
    The other two shallow spots are the entrance to Topock Marina...and a little known place called "the sandbar".
    :supp:

famaffair
    I've taken my 35' through many times...no problems.
    There is a shallow spot (if the water is down), just south of the bridge (in front of the beach on the right). Stay on plane, and you'll be fine.
    The other two shallow spots are the entrance to Topock Marina...and a little known place called "the sandbar".
    :supp:
    Is the sandbar and topac all north of the nautical inn? how far?

moneypit
    I have never seen the bottom of the gorge... been going through there for 30+ years. Depending on house fast your going.. its all between 20-40 boat ride. Against the current of course.

BigDogIvan
    If your not confertable running the gorge. Find someone that does know and follow them. It is a sight to see.
    BD

phebus
    The only shallow area to be concerned with, is the area between the lake and the gorge. Fid a boat with a draft similar to yours, and follow it. Stay on the throttle, and you will be fine.
    It can be scary looking going through, but once back on the river your fine.

Badger301
    The only shallow area to be concerned with, is the area between the lake and the gorge. Fid a boat with a draft similar to yours, and follow it. Stay on the throttle, and you will be fine.
    It can be scary looking going through, but once back on the river your fine.
    Good Advice! Thats what I did the first time just followed somone who's been there before. You deff have to check it out it's pretty nice. There are even a couple of beach spots through the Gorge to chill out for a little while. When you planning on going?

ACCEPTENCE
    I wonder if I can make it through there without ruining a prop.
    Not this time of year, but you might get lucky.
    The water level is way down :frown:
    Davis is slated to start dumping water about March 2nd.
    Oh!!!...and you'd be surprised how shallow Topock really is. Scary.

Flying Tiger
    If the water level is up, and you don't have a V or direct drive, and pay attention,, sure.

HOOTER SLED-
    Sell your boat, buy a jet. Screw ALL prop owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K Gorge is fine. Look out for that big thing they call the Sandbar. Lots of boobies, but it will ding your prop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast