Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: handling advice

mexrunner
    Iam building a rogers tr and am looking to make it turn and handle like a slot car at high speeds any advice. also looking for a 10 qt oil pan for stroker crank thanks

nascar97
    what type of motor???????????????

Check with a few of the people that have registered their Rogers! (http://www.roostwear.com/registry.htm)

cyclone
    what's do you mean by high speeds?
    Has the boat got a skeg in the bottom of the hull about 2 feet ahead of the intake? Roger installed a skeg in quite a few of his boats and it really aids in turning. Not the best thing to have in front of the intake if top speed is your goal though.

MellowYelloW
    hey...i used to have an 18' rogers...as long as the diverter was down it turned great...as soon as you would lift it up and try to turn hard it would spin out....

Heatseeker
    what's do you mean by high speeds?
    Has the boat got a skeg in the bottom of the hull about 2 feet ahead of the intake? Roger installed a skeg in quite a few of his boats and it really aids in turning. Not the best thing to have in front of the intake if top speed is your goal though.
    I've got an original skeg from a 79 TR hanging on the wall in my garage. I might be willing to part with it.
    It certainly helped with turning(on a dime!), but like cyclone said, it's not the best thing for top speeds.

mexrunner
    by high speeds i was thinking in the mid to high 80'smph the motor is a 505ci bbc solid rollercam, dart 310 heads. heetseeker pm me about the skeg

superdave013
    better get a prop and rudder on it if you want it to handle that good!
    jet boat

victorfb
    Mike (cyclone). didnt oldrigger give you a skeg that you didnt use? maybe you can pass that along.

canuck1
    Buy a sprint boat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast