Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shaft mount vs/. stud mount...

steelcomp
    I would like to get some input regarding shaft mount rockers. What are avail for the Canfield 310's, who's got the best prices, etc. I know this will stir up a comparison between shaft mount and stud mount, so let the comments begin. :coffeycup

Infomaniac
    Jesel Sportsman are a really good deal.

wsuwrhr
    Dodge heads are all shaft mount.
    Brian

steelcomp
    Jesel Sportsman are a really good deal.
    I agree, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the one piece stand types. I'm not sure I see the advantage of individual stand shaft rockers over the stud mount, but that's why I started this discussion.

Fiat48
    Just plain old roller rockers good enough for me. I tend to go with the devil I know.

Jet City
    Just curious, what are the cam/spring specs you'll be running? I considered shaft assy's before I started buying my stuff, found out there are many here getting excellent service using quality stud set-ups far beyond my goals.
    I have to admit, those T&D units are sweet! I say if you have the extra dough and it makes you happy, buy em!

EXTREMEBOATS
    Comp Cams also carries a shaft system comparable to Jesel and just as pricey but it is sweeeeeeet. Someone you might check with is Dynoflow out of NV. He's a high volume dealer that carries some neat stuff and will beat just about anybody else's prices. I use them for stroker motor kits and man you wouldn't believe the money I saved. It was all top of the line parts. They are also on the web at dynoflow.com Very nice guys that will go out of their way to help you.

Norseman
    Dodge heads are all shaft mount.
    Brian
    Speaking of shaft mount rockers, anybody have a good source to have a set of Chrysler Hemi Rocker shafts hard chrome coated?
    The guy I've used in the past retired, or atleast gave up and closed the doors....
    Bob

wsuwrhr
    Speaking of shaft mount rockers, anybody have a good source to have a set of Chrysler Hemi Rocker shafts hard chrome coated?
    The guy I've used in the past retired, or atleast gave up and closed the doors....
    Bob
    Yes, but on the west coast.
    Brian

kojac
    I have jessal shaft rockers on both of my 572's on two different tunnel hull jets and love them. They don't seem to go out of adjustment as often when I check them as I previously found with individual mounted rockers with stud girdles. Course I'm not running as much lift as I used to.
    kojac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast