Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 275 Verado

Forkin' Crazy
    wow,i was thinking right at 20k,more the reason to go with I/O.i also heard the clamp bracket has no side load strength/support,meaning no performance surfacing props boston whalers and grady whites will have no problems with that
    I heard that except they lost one off shore..... not steering cable to hold it by... gone. I am sure they will address the problem, but what bother me is all this fly by wire crap!

JS-66
    A SPEED OR SPORTMASTER IS BEING DEVELOPED FOR THE VERADO. I DID NOT HERE THIS FROM THE MFG. BUT THE PERSON WHO IS WORKING WITH THEM ON IT.. I AM A DEALER FOR THEM.
    BILL

BoatFloating
    The weak link on the Verado is the lower unit in my IMO. It's basically the Aplha Lower. Talking to Fred Kiekefer at the LA boat show I asked them if they planned on putting the sportmaster lower on the Verado and what about bumping up the boost. He said yes to the Sportmaster question but no to bumping up the boost.... But as he turned away he smiled and said how about a biiger Supercharger...... So I imagine when they get they lower unit beefed up I would bet that they have a Verado in the 350 to 400hp range....

Screaming Pete
    that would be nice on my mach22

Havasu Cig
    I have been hearing that the weight issue on the Verado's is a problem. Even if they come out with some high hp motors in the future, if they don't get the weight down some hulls will not like them. A lot of O/B boats were designed for 2.5's and even the extra weight of the 300's makes a difference. The Verado's will be even worse.

BoatFloating
    I have been hearing that the weight issue on the Verado's is a problem. Even if they come out with some high hp motors in the future, if they don't get the weight down some hulls will not like them. A lot of O/B boats were designed for 2.5's and even the extra weight of the 300's makes a difference. The Verado's will be even worse.
    I agree. I think that's why they have that 250 Optimax. LakeLand right now has a boat in their shop they are rigging with 3 275 Verado's on a 37 Awesome Cat. It should be interesting to see what that boat will do????? They said they are hoping for 80 mph...............

BILLY.B
    I agree. I think that's why they have that 250 Optimax. LakeLand right now has a boat in their shop they are rigging with 3 275'sLou at LakeLand will be doing the install for me also. Have known Lou for along time and he does excellent work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12