Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Hull, ID help

1978 Rogers
    Can anyone id this hull? It is sitting at a house that was busted as a meth lab. The owner is in jail from what the Puyallup Police tell me. The house was a rental, so since the boat owner can't clam the hull/trailer, the owner of the house takes possesion. The engine and pump were taken out. Probably sold for chemicals. The suction piece is still in. I'm trying to find out what type of hull this is. Any help would be great. It has full stringers. Interior is gone. The trailer is sitting on the other side of the house. I think it could be a cheap project.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...F0056a-med.jpg

1Bahnerjet
    I'll take the first guess, its a Horizon ?

1978 Rogers
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0DSCF0055a.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0DSCF0056a.jpg
    You can see the trailer in the back of the last picture. I guess it could also comes with a boat dolly.

1978 Rogers
    I'll take the first guess, its a Horizon ?
    My wife tried looking it up at here bank. No records show up. So it hasn't change hands in 5 years.

wsuwrhr
    Heck I would pick it up just for the boat dolly!!!
    The VIN should start with a few letters, Roostwear and a few others here are pretty good at figureing out who built it
    Brian

1978 Rogers
    Heck I would pick it up just for the boat dolly!!!
    The VIN should start with a few letters, Roostwear and a few others here are pretty good at figureing out who built it
    Brian
    Where are some other place the vin might be? On my Rogers it's imbedded in the gel on the back right corner.

wsuwrhr
    Where are some other place the vin might be? On my Rogers it's imbedded in the gel on the back right corner.
    Usually on the transom right where you are thinking, or sometimes on a "maximum weight" plate near the drivers seat.
    Brian

Moneypitt
    Yep, sure looks like a Horizon. The transom gives it away, and the thick molding across the top of the transom.......Those boats look fast just sitting on the trailer, but both of the ones I've been close to had some serious porpusing problems. Both also had "Bayjet" jets in them.......In fact, I gave one of the Bayjets to "Eric 455" here on the boards............MP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast