Thread: Please Help (how to plumb engine cooling)

hot_rod
    Can anyone tell me what is the correct way to plum the cooling line from my pump to the engine, and how can I control, regulate or adjust the ammount of pressure in the cooling system.
    Thanks

Brendella
    we need to know what type of exhaust you are running:logs or headers.
    secong you need a shut off valve close to the pump for emergency water shut off. and the rest does totally depend on the type of exhaust you run.
    read back a few pages someone else ask the same thing and they where answered in good detail.
    good luck

HBjet
    The correct way to plumb a jet boats cooling system is first run a pressure regulator just off of the pump. Then run a hose to an inlet valve (which you will leave all the way open) then from that valve to a T. From the T you run the hoses into the block water inlets. The next part would depend if you have headers or thermostat kit. Now from the water outlet on the manifold run a hose to an outlet valve, then from that valve to outside the boat (transom or side of hull, which ever you like) Use the outlet valve to control the block temperature. I hope this helps.
    HBjet

riodog
    HotRod, listen-up, your question was for water pressure. Here goes... pump to 1/2 brass gate valve(this regulates volume only,..then on to 1/2 "T",(brass, all three sides being 1/2 female). The straight thru part of the "T" will continue on to the motor.The 90 degree will go to the Pressure relief valve and then will exit out the rear of the boat thru another dump. There are about a hundred ways to plumb a water system,(I've tried them all) but this is the easiest and cheapest, and it does not matter what type of exhaust, thermostat, etc. Run all 1/2 in lines or larger. The parts you will need are... 1... 1/2 in gate valve,($12.00) 1... 1/2 in brass "T", female all three sides( depending on type of hose you're using,)($6.00), 1...pressure relief valve(correct name-Brass 90 degree angle regulating vavle), available from McMaster/Carr for $27.53, part # 9763K49, or Rex Marine(not in catalog) for about $50.00. If I was computer smart like Froggy I'd draw you a picture but I ain't so if you want a diagram I'd have to fax it to you. Michael