Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intercom Systems

Havasu Cig
    I want to put an intercom system in the new boat and was wondering if anybody had any reccomendations?
    It seems like Revolution Marine has a nice package and would need to decide between boom or throat mics if I go with them. Anybody ever use throat mics?
    I am also looking at Dave Clark and I know they are top of the line as far as aviation systems are concerned, but don't know how well that translates into a marine environment.
    I have also look at Tiger. Any info would be appreciated.

Three Days Only
    Try Sampson Racing Products
    Sampson Racing (http://www.sampsonracing.com/)
    There alot less expensive and have all the differnt types of setups from fully installed expandable units down to 2 person portable units.
    JEff

PlyaPlya22
    Try Sampson Racing Products
    Sampson Racing (http://www.sampsonracing.com/)
    There alot less expensive and have all the differnt types of setups from fully installed expandable units down to 2 person portable units.
    JEff
    Is that so you can order your goose @ 100 + focker!! :rollside:

Steamin' Rice
    I put in one from avcomm - I haven't used it yet so I can't say if it's good or bad... I have a six person intercom, plus I am working to wire in the stereo and engine warning buzzer through the headsets...

Sleek-Jet
    Can't go wrong with D/C headsets.... just try and keep them dry. If you call, they probably have "marinized" headsets not found in the catalogs.
    If you're looking at aviation intercoms... I suggest PSEngineering. They make a good expandable 6 place stereo intercom with aux inputs for music and aural warnings.

kidstuf
    I want to put an intercom system in the new boat and was wondering if anybody had any reccomendations?
    It seems like Revolution Marine has a nice package and would need to decide between boom or throat mics if I go with them. Anybody ever use throat mics?
    I am also looking at Dave Clark and I know they are top of the line as far as aviation systems are concerned, but don't know how well that translates into a marine environment.
    I have also look at Tiger. Any info would be appreciated.
    chris - coby is using tiger in his boat and i'm sure that he could answer any questions that you might have about them... we use tiger in all of our race boats as well...

Bling Bling
    I've got tiger in mine, 5 person and works great. I had the 2 in front voice activated, and push button on the 3 in back. Works well this way. 2 up front could talk about whats going on around you, and it was harder for the back to talk about where they got there nails done last week or how bad sallys hair look with redish streaks put in it.

mbrown2
    and it was harder for the back to talk about where they got there nails done last week or how bad sallys hair look with redish streaks put in it.
    LMAO.... Is that what Rock and I were talking about?

jackpunx
    LMAO.... Is that what Rock and I were talking about?
    LMAO.. I guess he could still hear you....lol

Havasu Cig
    Thanks for the info, I am thinking I need to look closer at Tiger...
    Brandie, Tony reccomended Tiger as well and since he is doing the install I should probably listen to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast