Thread: Definition

LS7

beached1
    Thanks LS7,
    I was afraid to ask. You use that term wisely. Unless you called me one, i can't remember. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif I'm just a rookie boater so if I say something stupid it's because I am. BTW, what's the dif between an LS6 and an LS7? I figured you'd know. And no I'm not trolling!
    Gerrit.

okie dave
    LS6 and 7 both have steel cranks, 4 bolt mains and square port heads. good foundation for performance motor. one has more compression and cam than the other. i have a friend who has been running a near stock LS6 for 8 years in a cheyenne tunnel. it turns a b impellor in an american turbine pump 5700 and he runs the crap out of it. it is a 90 mph boat and is the most reliable boat i have ever seen. (and i'm a ford guy)

beached1
    Thanks okie! I just have the large oval port
    two blolt main POS etc. My prolem is that my boat is a dog and I'm sick of it. My buddy who owns a machine shop tol me I could go two ways for around the same $$. Twin turbos or he could help me build an LS6. I didn't know much about an LS6 or an LS7 other than they were Hi Perf compared to mine. I was afraid to ask my buddy cause he already thinks I'm an idiot. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif I think I'm leaning tword the Turbos. Anyway, thanks again dude!

oldphart
    Been there done that with the turbo,s. unless you build the engine from the ground up for this setup you might as well put zippers on it. you need good rods, good crank, clean combustion chambers, Damn good pistons O ringed Block, an adjustable waste gate and an electronic boost retard for the timing. I didn't have trouble until I got over 7 lbs boost. after that it was go to the lake, Change a piston, go to the lake, change a piston. It did sound good though

beached1
    Yeah, my buddy (turbo guy) rebuilt the engine recently and he said that the cam would have to be changed and not to go over 7lbs etc. Much of the same things you have mentioned. Thanks oldphart for the advice.