Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: life jackets

boatslayer
    hey guys ,are we ganna start wearing life jackets for our speed runs this year?

DrewDown
    hey guys ,are we ganna start wearing life jackets for our speed runs this year?What do you do speed runs in?

boatslayer
    alot of peoples boats , our boat only goes 75mph for now

Havasu Cig
    We have a couple of Lifelines but really have only worn them during poker runs. We really should wear them more often, but we don't.

boatslayer
    yea i think when were going over 120-130 we should wear them
    any suggestion on any good jackets that arntto pricy

Havasu Cig
    I believe there is a company called SRP that makes jackets similar to Lifeline but they are a little cheaper. I saw some info on them on Offshoreonly.com. I went with Lifelines because of reputation and they are Made in Parker if you need any service on them.

boatslayer
    how much are life lines

Havasu Cig
    I paid $450 each for ours but that was custom colors and embrodery (sp). I think you can get the orange race vest in the $375 range. Here is a link from OSO on the SRP jackets.
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=srp+jackets

Havasu Cig

77charger
    IMO dont worry about price when shopping for a life jacket.you buy a boat that cost alot of money,spend alot on motor to go fast ,probably get an expensive truck to tow it but skimp on the one thing that can save your life????
    I have seen a flatbottom crash that was my booses and driven by another driver the chute jacket DID SAVE HIS LIFE OR FROM SERIOUS INJURY.When i drive my flat i do wear a chute jacket vs the standard race lifeline wheter i go for a 25mph cruise or a 130mph pass.
    My suggestion is call lifeline talk to bill or ken and tell them what kind of boat you drive the speed you plan on going and get what they recomend.When i bought mine i was going to get the standard jaket bill said i should get a chute jacket i wanted to save money too my boss said no way "you are going to drive my boat you will get the recomended jacket"
    IMO a chute jacket will probaly not be needed for a bigger boat but just talk to lifeline for a recomendation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast