Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RV 31' class A or class C? Which one?

FASTERDAMITT
    Looking for some suggestions for an RV. Mostly local river and dune trips for five people. I found the class C with the overhead bunk works good for the extra sleepin space. Either RV will have a slide out or two. I see most C class does'nt have self levelers ect. My boat is about 6000# on trailer.
    Towing performance?
    Driving/handling?
    Comfort while parked?
    Thanks.

little rowe boat
    Class is more comfortable but harder to manuever,if you are going to spend alot of time in the RV go class A.

bohica
    Only problem with a class C for the dunes is the small holding tanks. Most class C's will only carry about 40-45 gallons of water. They are nice for the extra sleeping space in the overhead.

FASTERDAMITT
    How many showers is it good for?

YeLLowBoaT
    well if you have some 1 in there with you 1.
    If you get wet, turn off, lather, turn on then shower off about 7.

bohica
    How many showers is it good for?
    Depends on how many girls. With their long hair they can run thru the water pretty quick. Military showers are the ticket, should last you a weekend if you use it wisely.

andy01
    This will do what you want it to. Most C's won't pull 6K. Do your home work. You don't want to over load the motorhome. http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/7/4/82680674.htm

FASTERDAMITT
    Thanks.

spectratoad
    I have had both. Like was said above. If you are going to spend alot of time in it go class A. That is what I have now. If you are out more than say 5 days the water can be an issue. I have one of those 35gal plastic water barrels that I take with me if I ahve a trailer. I just fill it up before I go and then just get an RV water pump and transfer water when needed.

THOR
    Wait a second. If most Class C motorhomes are on at least a 1 ton chassis, how can they only pull 6K. That is less than half ton pickups.
    This is much like buying a boat. If you need the extra queen sleeper up top, go class C. If not, I recommend Class A. My kids are really little and I wont go Class A for a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast