Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Gale banks twin turbo set up

srshll
    Anyone running a gale banks twin turbo set up, or anyother set up on a 460? Need comp and cam info, also need all the piston info I can get. Would like to run pump gas with d3ve heads, and about 10# of boost or less.
    Thanks Kevin

05schiada
    Have ran that set up before but not on a 460 but a 454. I had 8.0 to 1 compression a Clay Smith cam, single 850 carb and ran 13psi with av gas, and never had any problems. Let me know if you need some more info.

InKahntrol
    I don't mean to jack the thread... but I was about to post a related inquiry. Maybe we can all share info. I'm setting up a 496 BBC with aluminum heads, 8.4:1 compression, and a PFM twin turbo setup (similar to banks) with twin Holleys. For ignition I'm running an MSD billet dist. with a 6BTM box.
    What should I run for spark plugs? Anyone with a turbo motor have a recommendation?
    Thanks,
    Dan

obnoxious001
    Dan
    You probably want to run the coldest you can. I ran NGK 9 heat range in my Gentry engine, you might get away with the next step warmer (8) if you are going to be cruising more than running fast.
    Barry
    PS,,, still have a new Gentry kit and a complete Gentry 505 cu in turbo engine for sale.

InKahntrol
    Cool, thanks Barry!

probablecause
    The turbo system I am getting my hands on has the single carb over the turbo manifol with the twin turbos set off to each side. Any idea what size carb with my 468, 4 bolt, forged, running 9.0 to 1 with 049 heads. The engine currently is running about 475 HP. WIll be running 8 pounds of boost? Thanks,
    Brendan

Norseman
    The turbo system I am getting my hands on has the single carb over the turbo manifol with the twin turbos set off to each side. Any idea what size carb with my 468, 4 bolt, forged, running 9.0 to 1 with 049 heads. The engine currently is running about 475 HP. WIll be running 8 pounds of boost? Thanks,
    Brendan
    Brendan;
    Post pictures!
    Draw thru or pressurized carb box?

probablecause
    Here is the turbo I was speaking about.
    http://users.adelphia.net/~bwkirkpat.../turbo1pic.jpg

Norseman
    Here is the turbo I was speaking about.
    http://users.adelphia.net/~bwkirkpat.../turbo1pic.jpg
    Brendan;
    Any manufacturers name on it??
    It looks like you will have to stay with a single carb. What is the size of the current carb??
    What size are the turbos?

probablecause
    Owner says it is a Gale Banks Marine Twin Turbo, stage III venturi-flow intercooler, with Turbos made by RaJay and are model number 301-E10. Says the turbos were gone through about two years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast