Thread: vintage jet

bowtydaddy
    I recently purchased a 16' jet boat Manufactued by Conqueror Marine in Compton CA. It is powered by a 4 cyl. Datsun motor and has a Castoldi pump. the boat is in remarkably good shape. The hull is an open bow with center console and has and SK hull complete with a skeg. I'm torn between restoring the boat using existing drive or up grading to more power with a more modern pump. Anyone familiar with this boat or the pump? It's a 1975.

Hallett19
    I would love to see a picture of that thing, made in Compton, CA...... I can just see it now, gold trim, velvet seats, 40 oz. cup holders, built in 9mm auto holster, 100 spoke Daytons on the trailer,lowered of course, cadillac emblems all around, driver and passenger 12 piece fried chicken bucket holders, candy purple paint job with sparkles, and hat hanger big enough to clear the big ass feather, walking cane storage, and towed by an old ass honkychoo caddy coupe......

Hallett19

572Daytona
    That is a cool article, Hallet19. It compared a stern drive with a jet of the same boat. Did you read it RiverDave? Some interesting observations were that the sterndrive was 5mph faster but other than in reverse the jet was more maneuverable at all speeds including idle. Also at 45mph the fuel consumption of the jet was similar to that of the sterndrive.