Thread: How much to chrome Headers

Have any of you guys rechromed your headers? How much did it cost you and where is a good local shop to get them chromed?

wet77
    ever think about getting them jet hot coated instead?

From guys I've seen try it they never come out as good as when they were new I think primarily because you have to strip and repolish and its real tough to repolish between the tubes once the headers are assembled.
    I'd go jet hot or sell them off and just get a new chrome set rather than trying to rechrome. Just my opinion, someone may have had better luck rechroming than I've seen.

LUVNLIFE
    I will third it. Def do the Jet Hot.

moneysucker
    I would re chrome, I have gotten a couple sets, I think they are around 300 to re chrome, I will know next week, I am having 2 sets done now. I will let you know. I have jet hot, It will never look as good as chrome. It looks good until you get them hot

moneysucker
    My zoomies are costing $350.00 to be stripped and re chromed.

dmontzsta
    Jet Hot...low maintenence and they look tits.

bp
    i'd jet hot over chrome in a heartbeat. if the metal is good, rewarder will strip and jethot them. when they were at ming a year or so ago, she gave me a quote, i forget how much, but it wasn't that bad. i haven't done it yet, but eventually for sure. it looks good, and it cools really well.

moneysucker
    My jet hot over chrome was $305 from jet hot in phoenix. Jet hot is nice and low maintenence but isn't the look that chrome has. I have a set of jet hot headers that I will use at the track. The chrome ones are for the river and the chrome zoomies are for Pix, My boat wouldn't like running them anyways.