Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spray on Bedliner, possible idea

sifocalpoint
    I had previously posted a message about redoing the floor in my schiada flat. Instead of gelcoat has anyone every seen spray on bedliner used. It can be tinted an array of colors, and would be very durable. Keepin mind im only doing the stringers and in betwwen the stringers. All other areas and in front of the gearbox will be carpet.

BILLY.B
    I had previously posted a message about redoing the floor in my schiada flat. Instead of gelcoat has anyone every seen spray on bedliner used. It can be tinted an array of colors, and would be very durable. Keepin mind im only doing the stringers and in betwwen the stringers. All other areas and in front of the gearbox will be carpet. I have seen it and my feeling is anytime you cover up the floor with paint, carpet, or just about anything other then wood and glass I figure the person is trying to hide something ( not that you are). This can come back to haunt you. if there is ever a problem like delamination you'll never be able to tell and that can lead to more serious problems like....The boat coming apart :jawdrop: . Now I don't know if your trying to cover anything up i'm just giving my .02. I never saw your other post or I would of tried to help you out.

GofastRacer
    Like Billy says, been there done that I learned that with my first boat, anything that can hide anything will bite ya in the ass down the road. Leave it glass, if the floor is ugly you can add color to the resin to cover it up(I'm doing that with the Nordic) but at least if anything starts to happen you will see it before it's too late!....My .02!..

superdave013
    First off nothing looks better then a nice wood floor. Morg's is so nice it makes me want to cut the floors out of mine and re-do 'em (not gonna happen)
    Mine is gelcoat. Was gelcoated when I got it and I just re-did it.
    This boat has spray in bed liner on the floor.
    http://www.sweetperformance.com/70_Hallett.jpg

Kindsvater Flat
    Dave the owner of that site is gonna be pissed for hotlinking...

superdave013
    Dave the owner of that site is gonna be pissed for hotlinking...
    only if you tell on me!

WILDERTHANU
    I did some rigging on a jet that had the floors done in bed liner(RED)... IMO it looks very ceap, if anything gel the floor.

coolchange
    That Hallet looked pretty good with the yellow liner. Looked like low maintance with easy clean up an non skid. I Gel coated a floor beige once. Nobody even really noticed. BTW the seats in that Hallet are bitchen!

superdave013
    BTW the seats in that Hallet are bitchen!
    Yeah, those seats are coolchange.
    I think the plumbing is pretty sweet myself. lol

coolchange
    Funny you should say that, I was just checkin out the chrome (?) ends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast