Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Cart Stereo Install

Waldo
    EZGO 36v
    Will be installing a stereo soon. Since it's 36v, do I just hook up two power wires to two batteries? Also, where do I ground...I heard somewhere that you do not want to ground on the frame. Thanks.

ROZ
    EZGO 36v
    Since it's 36v, do I just hook up two power wires to two batteries?
    Since they;re in series, 36v is what you get. I know that Toby ran seperate 12v battery in his carts...

OutCole'd
    Since you have eight 6 volt batteries, you can seperate just two of them and use that for power. Or the seperate lawn mower battery works great also.
    And as far as a ground, just ground it back to the battery.

Waldo
    I think you meant to say that there are 6, 6-volt batteries. Just got new Trojans so the 12v car battery thing isn't an option. Thanks for the response though.
    I was going to power them with two of them and didn't really know where to ground. Thanks.

OutCole'd
    Pick two batteries that are in series, run the positive for your stereo to the positive of one of them, then run the negative for your stereo to the negative of the other battery. I would draw a picture, but I do not have a scanner here at work.
    Does that make sense?

Waldo
    Yes, I think so.

TOBTEK
    YOU CAN DO THIS.....run two 6v's to make 12....BUT this WILL create problems I promiss! now you have two batteries getting used and the power being drawn from those two batteries more than the other four. YOU SHOULD EITHER get a power reducer from 36v down to 12 to make the draw even OR better yet run a seperate 12 odyssey or optima battery and recharge it each night. Keep the cart and the accessories seperate....makes it easy!

OutCole'd
    YOU CAN DO THIS.....run two 6v's to make 12....BUT this WILL create problems I promiss! now you have two batteries getting used and the power being drawn from those two batteries more than the other four. YOU SHOULD EITHER get a power reducer from 36v down to 12 to make the draw even OR better yet run a seperate 12 odyssey or optima battery and recharge it each night. Keep the cart and the accessories seperate....makes it easy!
    You have a good point there Toby. Wear a hat so it doesn't show..... :rollside:

Flying Tiger
    Ya poke around with your meter on the batt terminals until ya find 12V and go from there.
    If ya mount the speakers in the body, like I did use 5" marine speakers.
    I used 7" in this pix and it was work making them fit with the chassis frame behind the body. 5" would have worked better (on a EZGO).
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ts_006-med.jpg
    I'd use this system if I was to do it again:
    http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/Merc...dio_black2.jpg
    But now that I'm this far, I'm going to add this system too. What the hey?
    www.buggiesunlimited.com

Waldo
    Great info people. I like the separate 12 idea tob. Also, I was thinking of running 6x9s in the kick panel. I've seen this done a lot. Pros/Cons???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast