Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mead Houseboat info needed please.

Rocknpalms
    I plan on renting a house boat on Lake Mead and would like some information from people that have first hand knowledge of the same in order to get the most out of the trip.
    We will have five adults and two children and will rent for 7 days. I have been looking into Forever Housboats out of Callvill Bay Marina. Does any one have good or bad things to say about either the marina, location or the boats?
    Please let me know what area of the lake is best for houseboats, nice coves to stay in and areas to bring the ski boat to on day trips.
    I will also need a marina to keep the ski boat full of fuel.
    Any suggestions please.

dicudmore
    Lake Mead is a great house boat trip....
    Forever resorts boats are more $$$ than seven crown, but they are nicer...
    I personally would turn left out of Callville bay go through the narrows and head towards temple bar...that area leads to GREAT skiing, beaching etc
    Temple Bar marina has fuel etc to keep ya stocked up
    Echo bay is also not too far to run to

DAB
    Dicudmore gave you great advise.. turn left out of Calville (away from dam) and head through the narrows.. great coves up on the lake...

LUVNLIFE
    Went out of Calville three times with Forever and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. They will treat you right and have good boats. If something is not right they will do what they can. One of my friends trailers broke as we arrived. He said he would deal with it when we got back. After the trip we asked about a welder and they sent us to the repair shop. After the guy fixed the trailer we asked how much was owed. The guy replied well you rented a house boat from us so the welding service is free. Don't find that too often so my buddy made sure they had beer money

Rocknpalms
    I will take the advice to heart and give the deposit in the morning. Can anyone supply me with a map that will show what coves have sand beaches? Also the maps I see on the net do not have a mile scale so I do not know the distance to marinas with fuel. My ski boat only has a 20 gal tank and uses about 8-10 an hour I am afraid to venture too far and not be able to get fuel. I will tow the ski boat most of the time behind the houseboat but will need to fuel daily.

Rocknpalms
    Are five gallon gas cans allowed on the houseboats?

LUVNLIFE
    I will take the advice to heart and give the deposit in the morning. Can anyone supply me with a map that will show what coves have sand beaches? Also the maps I see on the net do not have a mile scale so I do not know the distance to marinas with fuel. My ski boat only has a 20 gal tank and uses about 8-10 an hour I am afraid to venture too far and not be able to get fuel. I will tow the ski boat most of the time behind the houseboat but will need to fuel daily.
    They have maps available at Calville. Ask them to send you one when you drop the deposit.

LUVNLIFE
    Are five gallon gas cans allowed on the houseboats?
    That is one of the no nos. You can put abunch in your boat though since you are towing. There are some good sandy coves out Calville to the left,well there use to be I haven't been there since thewater has dropped.

Quality Time
    I've rented 8 boats from seven crown out of Echo Bay. The boats may not be as nice, but they have what you need. They are cheaper, and they had better boarding and return times. Unless Forever changed thiers you loose a day when comparing the two based on boarding/return times alone. Forever had an afternoon boarding time wanted the boat back by 8:00 AM. THe first day was shot as was the last. Seven Crown had a 4:00 PM return and 7:00 AM board.
    You will have a great time either way you go.

Danhercules
    AAA had a good Colorado river map. I know for sure it goes up to Hoover, but not sure if it had all of Mead. I will look.
    Yup. Mead is on there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast