Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to stop porposing

jbone
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a 21 ft Shockwave with a 502.
    The jet is set back with a droop and a ride plate.
    I have only taken it out twice and want to eliminate the minor porposing at mid throttle. I am currently having to trim the bow way down to eliminate it which is not the most efficient way to go. This is my first jet, so I'm not sure exactly what to do. It rides great at wot.
    I think the ride plate needs to be lowered at the rear. Is this correct and if so, how much should I shim it down to start?
    J

BrendellaJet
    Just drive faster!
    Where is the plate set now? Best way to fix it is to play with it a little bit at a time.

Hallett19
    Talk to froggy or squirtcha or HB jet, they have a good idea of what to do in those situations..... Do you have a place diverter ?

PLACECRAFT20
    I have a 20' placecraft daycruiser that had the problem at wide open throttle. I could never ajust it out. I talked to Tom Peterson at Rex Marine who set me up with a adjustable trim tab setup. It is all out of stainless and looks great. It cured my problem. I have a great picture but the image center is messed up so i cannot post it.

ryantparks
    I have the same exact set up on my Ultra but I have a place diverter but not a droop and with the diverter I can plane it just right to eliminate any porposing. 21' w/502

Nucking futs
    I would much rather have a slight porpose at mid throttle than a mean porpose at WOT.You can trim the boat out with the P/D and just find the sweet spot at cruising speeds.You could play with your plate a bit and see if that helps but it really wont see anything at mid range with that heavy of a boat.I also have tabs on my 20' cruiser but i use them mostly in the big chop at WOT.If it feels like its dragging ass then lay into the throttole and get the boat out of the water more.I run my ride plate at 4* up and she airs out good for the H.P. i have, which is not much!!
    Tim

1Bahnerjet
    How to stop porposing ?
    Outlaw WakeBoard Boats :yuk:

jbone
    Thanks for the replies. I'll get with Barry at Shockwave to find out where it is set now and go from there.
    J

RCB19
    Sounds like you might have some problems with the bottom of the boat. I'd take a close look at that first.

Nucking futs
    Sounds like you might have some problems with the bottom of the boat. I'd take a close look at that first.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the bottom,Its just a heavy boat and the hardware is set up for WOT.Alot of boats will have this problem at cruising speeds,
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast