Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Ramps for GC/Rhino

jackpunx
    Where can I get some in the LA/Anahime area?
    thanks

djunkie
    Make them if your cheap like me. Went to Harbor freight the other day to buy some gloves for work and they had so aluminum thingys that bolt to 2x10's. They seem to work pretty well. A little bit heavier than the aluminum ramps but it only cost about 30 bucks to make. I'll take some pics if you want.
    You can check here with this guy, I know he sells them.
    http://www.golfcartgiant.com/ramps2.html

casean
    Make them if your cheap like me. Went to Harbor freight the other day to buy some gloves for work and they had so aluminum thingys that bolt to 2x10's. They seem to work pretty well. A little bit heavier than the aluminum ramps but it only cost about 30 bucks to make. I'll take some pics if you want.
    You can check here with this guy, I know he sells them.
    http://www.golfcartgiant.com/ramps2.html
    I have these exact same ramps and use them to load and unload carts out of my truck. They are 7'4" long and are rated for 750lbs per ramp. What makes this set nice is the fact they have a tie down style strap which helps to hold them in place. I've also used the 2x10 method, which works well. Like he said they are a little heavier and you have to come up with a way to keep them in place. Otherwise you run the possibility of kicking one or both of them out, which happened to us with this style.

BADBLOWN572
    Looked at some ramps at Harbor Freight today to see if they would work for a Rhino, but no go. The problem is that according to Yamaha the Rhino is 53" wide and the widest ramp that Harbor Freight had was 45" so no go. Need to find somewhere that builds wide ramps and preferably about 8' long because of the angle of the trucks when lifted.

djunkie
    Also I was at kragen auto parts the other day and they had some aluminum ramps that are very similar to the ones in the link. I think they wanted $100 for them.

casean
    Looked at some ramps at Harbor Freight today to see if they would work for a Rhino, but no go. The problem is that according to Yamaha the Rhino is 53" wide and the widest ramp that Harbor Freight had was 45" so no go. Need to find somewhere that builds wide ramps and preferably about 8' long because of the angle of the trucks when lifted.
    I've also seen a set of ramps that were 10' long. Not sure what the load capacity was though. Other than that I have not run across anything longer. I think having two single ramps, versus one wide one is the way to go. Especially when loading a vehicle with a wide wheelbase.

gmocnik
    tried the 2x10 method....be carefull...golf carts are heavy. we cracked one and almost had a roll over...

Whipped Caliber
    tried the 2x10 method....be carefull...golf carts are heavy. we cracked one and almost had a roll over...
    I remember that!! It was mine!! :jawdrop:

djunkie
    Ya I was worried about that. This is only temporary for me. I have an elevated yard in front of my house so I can drive the cart off it straight into my truck. I just need these to get it out once I get it down to the river. It'll stay there once I bring it there. Just didn't want to pay a couple hundred bucks to only use them once.

gmocnik
    I remember that!! It was mine!! :jawdrop:
    well not only are golf carts heavy but with your fat ass in it no ramps could handle load....
    p.s.
    was the cart still on fire when we tried to load it???
    gm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast