Thread: ? bottom blue print

Hardin18 II
    Anyone have an approx. price of having this done? My hull has a big hook on it and would like to get rid of it. Hardin Marine/Caribean 18 ft..

BrendellaJet
    depends on how much work it would be. I paid $500 for mine. I had no hook, but had a delta pad that had to go, so thats where most of the money was spent.
    Where/how are you measuring the hook? You should be using a 5-6 foot straight edge. Depending on the power your boat has, concntrate most of your energy on the area inbound of the lifting strakes. Ive got some hook just inside of the chines on both sides(probably made that way) and Jeff chose to ignore it because at WOT that part of the hull will be dry. Have any pics?

Hardin18 II
    The hook is @ the very back of the hull. It doesn't go very far up the hull from what I can see. I can see the hook @ the very back with out a strieght edge. Very noticable. I can feel it when I am driving the boat.

BrendellaJet
    You will still need to test with a long straightedge as mentioned so you can get a true picture of how bad it is. If you want Jeffs contact info, let me know, Ive got it somewhere!

tahitijet
    i think the price can and will very greatly depending on the condition of your boat.. My boat was probably on the far bad end of the scale and i was told at a minimum it would be 3,000 to have it done and probably more.. you probaly want to get ahold of jeff bennet and talk with him.

bigkatboat
    Talk to Scott (ducky) at Fast Fiberglass and Marine. He told me that a 6'X 24" area would be less than $1750.00, and it depended on how bad the hook was. He said the outer areas don't touch at speed, but their hook helps keep the keel in the water during turns. Found the number, 928 854 4527. My Fountain keel (and gel) work turned out great, and I thank them. I'll be bring in my 'flat boat' soon!

RCB19
    Anyone have an approx. price of having this done? My hull has a big hook on it and would like to get rid of it. Hardin Marine/Caribean 18 ft..
    If you are into making your boat quicker/faster like most here on this forum spend the dough and have the bottom done. In the long run it will probably be the best money spent on your ride. I think that most will agree. Good luck.

ARS Marine inc.east
    I Agree:
    With out a doubt Money well spent !
    With Bottom work we have seen 8-11 MPH increase's after doing a race Keel on a Daytona Eliminator
    and 5-7 MPH after doing a pleasure craft V Bottom.