Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wacker X Dimension..

BoatFloating
    Hey all you Wacker guru's. I have 2 300x's on my boat were should the prop shaft be set to the bottom of the boat. Not a too aggresive setup but not too conservative
    either????????

HavasuDreamin'
    Not too aggressive would be the prop shafts even with the running surface. A little more aggressive would be up an inch or two from the running surface. Make sure you maintain at least 15 lbs. of water pressure. Then use a GPS to guage your best x-dimension height.

BoatFloating
    Not too aggressive would be the prop shafts even with the running surface. A little more aggressive would be up an inch or two from the running surface. Make sure you maintain at least 15 lbs. of water pressure. Then use a GPS to guage your best x-dimension height.

That's about where I thought.
    I forgot to mention that I have 16" setback also....

If a Havasu Merc Dealer set it up 3" below the bottom to start and now we are 1 1/2" below the bottom does that sound a little too conservative??? :idea:

CrazyHippy
    are the plates adjustable on the triler, or do you have to unbolt the motor, and bolt it back on???
    if it's easily adjustable, jack it up 1/2" at a time (watch the water pressure!!!) untill you run into planing trouble, start to lose speed on the top, or start losing water PSI (15 PSI is a safe #)
    Should be over 100 in no time
    BJH

CrazyHippy
    I'm also going to bet it'll end up 1" to 1.5" above the bottom
    BJH

Boatmaster
    BJH
    Ditto

Havasu Cig
    Depends on the hull. The guy's with 28 Skaters seem to be running their X 1.5-2.0 inches above the bottom of the sponson. I would say water pressure is probably the limiting factor unless you go to external pickups. On my O/B Mach we had to lower the motors due the water pressure problems and it hurt the performance of the boat. If I would have kept the boat I would have gone with external pickups and jacked the motors back up.

BoatFloating
    are the plates adjustable on the triler, or do you have to unbolt the motor, and bolt it back on???
    if it's easily adjustable, jack it up 1/2" at a time (watch the water pressure!!!) untill you run into planing trouble, start to lose speed on the top, or start losing water PSI (15 PSI is a safe #)
    Should be over 100 in no time
    BJH
    I have to unbolt every time non-adjustable. I want to set them and forget them and I wanted a litle cleaner look so didn't want jack plates.
    BJH
    That's what I thought and everyone else I've talked to I just don't know how they missed it..... Rigged by a Havasu company..... So if it is currently set at 1 1/2" below bottom that would be way too low? I just want to get as much feedback from people as possible.
    Here is a picture of the current measurement....
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...e__Medium_.JPG
    Another question regarding set out of the motors Look at picture and tell me what you think????
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...t__Medium_.JPG

BoatFloating
    Depends on the hull. The guy's with 28 Skaters seem to be running their X 1.5-2.0 inches above the bottom of the sponson. I would say water pressure is probably the limiting factor unless you go to external pickups. On my O/B Mach we had to lower the motors due the water pressure problems and it hurt the performance of the boat. If I would have kept the boat I would have gone with external pickups and jacked the motors back up.
    Dave has been known to run his outboards close to the edge with water pressure. That's one of the reasons I think Toby lost a piston and not just bad gas. I'm trying to get the height at a level that is good for water pressure and good performance... Kinda a happy medium..... Right now they are way to low as far as I'm concerned and it's like dragging anchors....

Jrocket
    Too low.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast