Thread: The End of Merc 2 Strokes?

Havasu Cig
    Check out this thread from the S&F forums...
    http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...ad.php?t=78436

TCHB
    It just like the Motorcycle Market making the transition to 4 cycles.

HavasuDreamin'
    Anybody want to loan me $20K to meet that 3/11/05 deadline?
    IMHO.........there are going to be a few rough years while Merc transitions from primarily two stroke to four stroke engines. They need to come up with a high performance version of the verado that cranks out 300+ HP in a 20" shaft model. It can't weigh more than the current 300X and it needs a sportmaster gear case that can handle the power. When they can do that, they will really be on to something.
    The GREAT thing about the verado is that it has a blower which means an aftermarket pulley and reprogrammed ECU is all you need for more power. With all the hi-po guys out there, those items will be available shortly. The upside is tremendous. :rollside: Just think about a 14:71 or a quad rotor bolted up to one of these things. :2purples:

CV-23
    I'm a Merc Guy but the Rude ETec may be the future of outboards, Mike.

TUNNEL T
    just made it ! placed order last tues. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Lake Ape
    Anybody want to loan me $20K to meet that 3/11/05 deadline?
    IMHO.........there are going to be a few rough years while Merc transitions from primarily two stroke to four stroke engines. They need to come up with a high performance version of the verado that cranks out 300+ HP in a 20" shaft model. It can't weigh more than the current 300X and it needs a sportmaster gear case that can handle the power. When they can do that, they will really be on to something.
    The GREAT thing about the verado is that it has a blower which means an aftermarket pulley and reprogrammed ECU is all you need for more power. With all the hi-po guys out there, those items will be available shortly. The upside is tremendous. :rollside: Just think about a 14:71 or a quad rotor bolted up to one of these things. :2purples:
    I was talking to Lew C. over at Lakeland and he had heard from good sources that a Merc HiPo version of the Verado is already being tested...by upping the boost, the ecu is supposedly set up to already handle it.

stoker2001
    I was talking to Lew C. over at Lakeland and he had heard from good sources that a Merc HiPo version of the Verado is already being tested...by upping the boost, the ecu is supposedly set up to already handle it.ya well,they better come up with hi performance mid section and lower unit first or those grady whites,bayliners and boston whalers will just be going slightly faster :sleeping: :sleeping:

TUNNEL T
    yea you wont see one of those monsters on my boat ,i think it would sink before it took off! TUNNEL T

stoker2001
    yea you wont see one of those monsters on my boat ,i think it would sink before it took off! TUNNEL TOh,ya i forgot to mention the jenny craig problem that merc needs to fix to :frown:tunnel you going to have your chit done in time for BBSP?

Ntrain2k
    The Verado Power head has been tested to 550 hp. The problem is the pinion gears in the lower unit cannot handle the extra tourque it puts out at that power level. Mercury racing is playing with some verados though....