Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Diesel Engine Is Best???

NOTALENT
    So lets get the pot all stirred up..and see what wins!!!! What diesel is preferred!! :boxingguy

dicudmore
    bored today??

Blacksheep
    I'll start....Cummins Turbo Diesel ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Top 10 Symptoms of Turbo Diesel Disease
    1. You go outside before bed in your slippers and bathrobe to hear your Turbo Diesel run one more time.
    2. While you are out in the desert someone says, "Watch for rattlers." You scan the horizon for a Turbo Diesel.
    3. You position the side view mirror to see when your tailpipe is lined up with the sports-car's open window.
    4. When walking through a parking lot, you can tell the difference between a Ford, GM and Dodge diesel without looking.
    5. When someone tells you your truck is loud, you tell them it's truck testosterone.
    6. After installing performance parts, you drive around hoping to end up at a light with a Ford.
    7. You tell your spouse that the performance kit will double your mileage and you must buy it.
    8. You go to a truck stop and leave your engine running while you go in for coffee.
    9. Whenever there are men around, you open the hood and pretend to be checking something.
    10. Your idea of a "sound system" is under the hood.
    Gotta luv em!!!

NOTALENT
    Bored...yup..and I have been looking at each..and well personally Its between chevy and Dodge..but dodges look more rugged, mean and tough..to where as the chevys more a girls truck..lol..Although..I love Chevy with a passion..it just looks more feminine.

oldbuck40
    Bored...yup..and I have been looking at each..and well personally Its between chevy and Dodge..but dodges look more rugged, mean and tough..to where as the chevys more a girls truck..lol..Although..I love Chevy with a passion..it just looks more feminine.hey notalent its been a while since we've talked ,i think it was back around the time the JONES'S were on the board... hey DODGE is the answer! they may not have the best looking truck but the cummins makes up for it,i have a 350 4x4 and love it,if you ever do any off roading its the way to go,you will hate the chevy 350 4x4 for off road cause it doesnt have near the stock ground clearance of a dodge,,matter of stock chevy 4x4 have almost the same clearance of a 2 wd chevy,,my dad has a chevy 350 4x4 and just hate's it cause he's allways bottoming out on stuff out in the woods

NOTALENT
    hey notalent its been a while since we've talked ,i think it was back around the time the JONES'S were on the board... hey DODGE is the answer! they may not have the best looking truck but the cummins makes up for it,i have a 350 4x4 and love it,if you ever do any off roading its the way to go,you will hate the chevy 350 4x4 for off road cause it doesnt have near the stock ground clearance of a dodge,,matter of stock chevy 4x4 have almost the same clearance of a 2 wd chevy,,my dad has a chevy 350 4x4 and just hate's it cause he's allways bottoming out on stuff out in the woods
    haha yeah its been a while..I now love the way the dodges look..inside and out..I have a ram1500 1997 right now..and man I have done some things to that truck..that amazed me..I actually test drove the dodge two nights ago..and man it was superb!! lol..thanks for ur input.

4-B
    The detroit 6v92 was good in its time. The Cummins L10 is pretty reliable and the CAT 3306 runs good. :boxed:

wantacat
    I would go with the ford, that is my next truck. I think the dodge is nice good luck with your purchase!! I wish i can turn my truck in right now and get the diesel. Too much money for me right now at 22 so i bought an 04 f150 screw. Gets the job done for now.

Jrocket
    3. You position the side view mirror to see when your tailpipe is lined up with the sports-car's open window.
    4. When walking through a parking lot, you can tell the difference between a Ford, GM and Dodge diesel without looking.
    Yep!

Jordy
    The detroit 6v92 was good in its time.
    The Silver 8V-92 wasn't bad either. Nothing beats the sound of a rapped out 2 stroke Detroit. We get some firetrucks in the shop from time to time that have Silver 92's in them. Just nothing like them.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast