Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: K&N air filters

dimarcobros
    Anyone have any info/advise on these? Do they really help that much?
    DMB

jdf
    ihave one on my f 350 diesel i really didn't see a change in mpg

dimarcobros
    Just the filter or the whole package?
    DMB

68campbell
    I saw a substantal increase in power and MPG in my 1/2 ton chevy and I know they do a better job at keeping dirt out. I am kind of biased though due to the fact they sponsor my race car.

dimarcobros
    Will replacing just the filter do the trick or should I get the whole package?
    DMB

jdf
    i got just the filter on my truck

One Particular Harbor
    Honestly, I was fairly skeptical at first when my mechanic proposed the K&N filter (just the filter itself, not the whole system that K&N offers). But, they offered to recharge it for free for the first several times, which meant that it was ultimately cheaper than replacing standard filters over time.
    However, I have been really pleased with the results. I have picked up about 3/4 of a mile per gallon on average. It's not much, but when you're getting a little under 12 mpg, an extra 3/4 or 1 mpg is ~8% improvement in mileage. Also, it helps the 6.0 breathe a little better and, overall, the truck feels a bit peppier, especially off of the line.
    Not bad for $60 or so.
    OPH

4day!!
    The K&N drop in filter actually hurt my gas mileage. I just installed the kit (FIPK) and it rocks. I also have a magnaflow catback system. The whole air intake kit requires a less restrictive after market exhaust to get the most out of it. Air in = air out.. Just dont' over exhaust you vehicle..

Squirtin Thunder
    The K&N drop in filter actually hurt my gas mileage. I just installed the kit (FIPK) and it rocks. I also have a magnaflow catback system. The whole air intake kit requires a less restrictive after market exhaust to get the most out of it. Air in = air out.. Just dont' over exhaust you vehicle..
    100% agreed

Budget Baller
    I put one on the Suburban, its a 1/2 ton. I averaged 14.5-15 miles per gallon going to Havasu before and now I am getting 16.7 on most trips. I bought the whole intake system with the chrome tube for $225.00 from a friend in the business. The only downside I have with it is that you can hear that thing sucking air, especially when you accelerate, it is much louder than stock.
    Worth the money in my opinion.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast