Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need some info on a hemi motor I found.

Sanger D
    I just found a OLD early to mid 60,s stevens flat.its kinda hammered but its got all the hardware in it.it has a hemi witha duel carb intake thats like 2 inches high,(real short) and flat.the heads are frickin monstruos and the block looks like its deff. bigger than a small block chev. or ford.is this thing worth 1400. bucks?can some one tell me some #,s to look for or some I.D markings?.the hardware looks some what salvagable and the T.T exhaust looks pretty good too,just needs polished up.is this a good parts doner? is anyone looking for OLD flatty parts?It has a fat eared 2 blade prop on it ,I,m going to go get a closer look at it today,HELP!!!!! :idea:

GofastRacer
    Take some pics while you're at it!.

Sanger D
    I do not have the means,but I will write down all the #,s I can find and where I found em,sorry , best I can do right now.I,ll post what I find in a couple of hours!!

Kurtis500
    look on the top of the block around the valley cover. There are a series of numbers usually startin with 2 letters. For example, CE58xxxxxx or NE57xxxxx Those are the numbers you need.
    Let us know.

Sanger D
    now its in the day light it looks pretty hammered in my eyes,BUT!!!!it has a hall craft (round type ) gear box,the foot throttle says MARBET on it ????, the head casting #,s are 1731528-2, the block #,s are CE5735128, and the weiand duel intake has a part # of 7263 it even says on the intake (WHY-AND) so you don,t miss pernounce the name,kinda trippy!!never seen that on a weiand manifold before,the oil pan is missing and it looks pretty rusty and alot of the hardware is flaking and chipping away,the motor DOES sit in the boat forward and I found the coupler for the front of the crank,hull is seriuosly hammered(unless you restore OLD boat hulls) trailer is a tandem but needs ALOT of work,old style flat baby moons though ,kinda cool, reminded me of my ole mans old flatty trailer.adjustable plate with lockout and all the parts are there,but everything IS old and needs alot of polishing and /or replaced,I guess the only really salvagable thing would be the motor,(if its still good),I,ll keep tyring to get a hold of this guy .

tornreality
    The motor is a 1957 engine. I'm pretty sure a 392. I did the same thing as you last year. Bought an old stevens with a 392, no carbs and no distributor and sold the motor as it sat in the boat for 1700 at pomona swap. You won't have any problems getting rid of it. You won't get more than about 50 for the old water cooled v-drive. The other parts are pretty much worthless. The hull- do what I did, cut it up and throw it away. Hope that helps.

Norseman
    now its in the day light it looks pretty hammered in my eyes,BUT!!!!it has a hall craft (round type ) gear box,the foot throttle says MARBET on it ????, the head casting #,s are 1731528-2, the block #,s are CE5735128, and the weiand duel intake has a part # of 7263 it even says on the intake (WHY-AND) so you don,t miss pernounce the name,kinda trippy!!never seen that on a weiand manifold before,the oil pan is missing and it looks pretty rusty and alot of the hardware is flaking and chipping away,the motor DOES sit in the boat forward and I found the coupler for the front of the crank,hull is seriuosly hammered(unless you restore OLD boat hulls) trailer is a tandem but needs ALOT of work,old style flat baby moons though ,kinda cool, reminded me of my ole mans old flatty trailer.adjustable plate with lockout and all the parts are there,but everything IS old and needs alot of polishing and /or replaced,I guess the only really salvagable thing would be the motor,(if its still good),I,ll keep tyring to get a hold of this guy .
    The engine is a 1957 Chrysler 392.
    Engine core is worth atleast $ 1000.00, more if it's not stuck solid.
    The Weiand intake should be worth 150.00 - 200.00. Marine manifolds and mounts are also worth some dollars.
    The Hallcraft should be worth something to someone and all the other marine stuff seems to sell pretty good on ebay and swap meets.
    Bob

BrendellaJet
    The hull- do what I did, cut it up and throw it away.
    If the hull is salvagable dont do that! :argue:

Floored
    is it 1400 bucks in bullhead city? and red?

Sanger D
    ok, I talked to the guy and it is a 392 and it is froze up. It dropped a (he said" sleeve") and a piston a nd con, rod are laying on the floor of the boat,yes it is red and in BHC.this thing would be a major project ,lotsa work and time,prob. be better off parting out if you could get the money for the stuff.thanks for the quick info though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast