Thread: Intake Water Outlet ?

Taylorman
    Question about the water outlet on BBC intakes. Look at the picture of the intake below. The two bolt holes that hold the water outlet in place are offset. Are the water outlet bolt holes offset also so the water outlet fittings point straight or does the water outlet sit on the intake pointed a little sideways? Who makes a water outlet that has the bolt flange offset to match the offset on the intake?
    http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...folds/2902.jpg

squirt
    Well just another thought....I made a plate out of AL to cover thermostat housing and drilled and tapped it for a pressure guage. Then used one of the 3/4 npt holes for header water and the other for dump. That was untill I got a Banderlog valve Now I use both 3/4 for dumps.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...gauge2-med.JPG
    Don............spam in a can

Moneypitt
    The stock automotive water outlets came in a few different angles. It depended on which car, radiator, and hose was used. As was mentioned, the easiest way is to make your own, or use one of the marine type outlets with a split for two lines. I also used a plate, then a fitting for a water mechanical gauge, And used the heater hose outlet and the temp gauge,(automotive) hole for the dump lines.....There is also an additional pipe threaded hole in the front, where I put the sender for the elec. dash gauge.............MP

Cole Sanger
    That is almost what I was looking for the other day. Go to http://cvproducts.com and download their master engine catalog. Once you download the pdf, do a search for thermostat. That will bring you to some awesome thermostat housings. I would post the pic, but I am on my work computer. Let me know if you can't get it and I will post a pic when I get on my laptop.

Taylorman
    I spoke to someone at Rex Marine and he said that the bolt flange is offset on the BBC water dividers.

I spoke to someone at Rex Marine and he said that the bolt flange is offset on the BBC water dividers.
    Not correct... the water outlet dividers we have will sit at whatever angle the thermostat is cast into any particular manifold which as mentioned above is different for different manifolds, applications, etc. So if it's 10º sideways for example, the housing will sit at that angle.

Taylorman
    Not correct... the water outlet dividers we have will sit at whatever angle the thermostat is cast into any particular manifold which as mentioned above is different for different manifolds, applications, etc. So if it's 10º sideways for example, the housing will sit at that angle.
    Not sure who i spoke your shop earlier today. I questioned about your stainless 3 port thermostat and he said the bolt holes on the thermostat housing were offset so the thermostat would sit straight even though the bolt holes were offset. Do you do special orders so i can get one offset so the thermostat will sit straight on my manifold? Im particular like that.

powerplay230
    I think the piece Squirt made looks great, looks good and was probably cheaper!

Not sure who i spoke your shop earlier today. I questioned about your stainless 3 port thermostat and he said the bolt holes on the thermostat housing were offset so the thermostat would sit straight even though the bolt holes were offset. Do you do special orders so i can get one offset so the thermostat will sit straight on my manifold? Im particular like that.
    There's obviously some confusion with the above, they are not offset as a standard item.
    If I have the raw unwelded pieces I could build you a special ss 3 port yes. I will have to take a look as see what I have to do it. You'd have to supply the exact angle you wanted relative to straight line across the center line of the bolts.

Cole Sanger
    Before you go through all of the trouble Rex, take a look at the CV Products Master Engine catalog. It will save you time and of course money.