Thread: Anyone have the 4 wheel steering GM truck? Your take:

Flying Tiger
    Anyone have the 4 wheel steering GM truck?
    Do you back a trailer with it? Whats it like? Is it the BFD GM touts?
    Hows the quality, has it had any troubles?
    Warts and all, how is it?:

goneboatin
    I've got an '04 crewcab with the Q-steer. It's the bomb! If you've ever driven one before, you'll wonder why didn't anyone come up with this idea before? It'll do a U-turn anywhere and makes parking lot maneuvers (sp) so much easier. Backing a my trailer is limited to the launch ramp and backing the boat into the storage spot, so I'm not a real good reference. Backing up with it is pretty neat. You know when you need to make a correction to the trailer and it takes a while to take effect? Well you just turn the wheel the opposite way to make the correction, which happens right away, then carry on as usual. I am bumbed since there will be no more Quadrasteer in '06. GM just doesn't know how to market a good thing.
    :hammer2:
    :jawdrop:

goneboatin
    I've got an '04 crewcab with the Q-steer. It's the bomb! If you've ever driven one before, you'll wonder why didn't anyone come up with this idea before? It'll do a U-turn anywhere and makes parking lot maneuvers (sp) so much easier. Backing a my trailer is limited to the launch ramp and backing the boat into the storage spot, so I'm not a real good reference. Backing up with it is pretty neat. You know when you need to make a correction to the trailer and it takes a while to take effect? Well you just turn the wheel the opposite way to make the correction, which happens right away, then carry on as usual. I am bumbed since there will be no more Quadrasteer in '06. GM just doesn't know how to market a good thing.
    :hammer2:
    :jawdrop:
    Troubles? Only one. Occasionally when I start the truck, it says "Service 4 Wheel Steer" and it is inoperable. I just need to shut the truck off and restart it, then back to normal. It's supposed to be a software glitch that Delphi is working on. Otherwise it's the best truck I've ever owned. Only if they offered the Duramax with the Q-steer.

Kachina26
    What the hell, one more time.

goneboatin
    What the hell?
    I submitted it, it took forever to submit, so I stopped it and added another section and submitted again.