Thread: Daytona with a v-drive

Timer
    Aaahhhh to be finally first! Anyway.......
    Does anyone have experience with an Eliminator Daytona 21' with a v-drive (BB Chevy)? I'm interested in how it performs relative to the same with a jet.

superdave013
    I'm a v-drive guy all the way, but I have raced two different guys with 19'ers with v-drives with my flatbottom. All I can say is the guys with the jets did better. That hull seems to work best with the jet or a big outboard (or two). Just my oppion.

fat rat
    I heard the 21' Cougar MTR works well with a V-Drive. I wanted a 21' Daytona V- Drive, but the experts said no way!!!!!

Timer
    fat rat, what were the experts' reasons and what kind of experts were they? Thanks.

fat rat
    Timer, Jim Wilkes from Wilkes Marine, give him a call, he does lots of V-drive installations.
    Fat Rat

Timer
    Fat Rat, thanks for the feedback. I spoke with Jim Wilkes several months ago and he thought the v-drive/Datona 21' combination works very well. Hmmmm.

fat rat
    Hmm, thats odd I approuched Jim a couple months ago my self and got a different answer. I wanted a 21' Daytona V-Drive and he didn't recomend it. So I decided to build a new 21' Daytona Jet with some big horsies. I hope things work out well for you, let us know the results.
    Yours truly,
    Fat Rat

rsyr
    I have a 19' Daytona set up with a v-drive, turbo 400 tranny and bbchevy. It works very well so i dont know why the same setup wouldn't work in a 21'unless it is to heavy of a hull? The gear puller that superdave makes works great.

superdave013
    Hey thanks for the plug RSYR. I have a few pullers left from the last batch if any one would want one.