Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ?

77charger
    back to pump talking mine is at mpd right now being fixed.Should be done soon and i am adding a place diverter and a new Legend b impeller.

Duane HTP
    Thought I might clear up a thing or two for whoever might be interested. The Kustom Kraft boat that I call a 23 footer actually measures 22' 6". That's from the tip of the sponson to the back of the hull. It measures 25' 2" from the sponson tip to the end of the pump. The boat runs 100+mph on a good day. (not every day). The Aggressor 9 3/8" bronze inpeller is straight out of the box. It's been in there for three years, with no problems, or signs of problems. I run one of Don's Inducers in front of it. The 9 vein Aggressor Bowl is straight out of the box, except that it had been machined to fit the 9 1/2" American Turbine Pump Housing. When I put on the Aggressor Impeller & 9 Vein Bowl, the boat picked up 9 mph, which we thought was a terrific gain, considering that it was already running in the mid ninetys. As far as Aggressor goes, I've had good luck with them. But two things sort of seem to hold true. 1. I like the Aggressor Impeller and I like the Aggressor Bowl, but to try just the bowl or the impeller, one does not realize as much gain as if you use them as a pair. (together). 2. It has been our expirence that the more HP you have, the more gain you get from the use of the two together. IE; little to no difference on a 300 hp motor. And a big difference on a 700 HP motor. In fact, if I'm working on a boat that has say 350 HP or less and I know the customer is not going to do something to make more HP, I prefer the 11 vein bowl for him. I will say one thing, you can not look at an impeller and tell it's performance qualities. Speed coat it and run it a while, then pull it out and see what the markings on the speed coat tell you. The only reason for me getting on this board is that several people called me today and said I was being quoted on the board contrary to what I had told them. Now I see they were quoting someone else NOT me. Thanks for your time. Duane Oblander

HBjet
    Originally posted by Duane HTP:
    Thought I might clear up a thing or two for whoever might be interested. The Kustom Kraft boat that I call a 23 footer actually measures 22' 6". That's from the tip of the sponson to the back of the hull. It measures 25' 2" from the sponson tip to the end of the pump. The boat runs 100+mph on a good day. (not every day). The Aggressor 9 3/8" bronze inpeller is straight out of the box. It's been in there for three years, with no problems, or signs of problems. I run one of Don's Inducers in front of it. The 9 vein Aggressor Bowl is straight out of the box, except that it had been machined to fit the 9 1/2" American Turbine Pump Housing. When I put on the Aggressor Impeller & 9 Vein Bowl, the boat picked up 9 mph, which we thought was a terrific gain, considering that it was already running in the mid ninetys. As far as Aggressor goes, I've had good luck with them. But two things sort of seem to hold true. 1. I like the Aggressor Impeller and I like the Aggressor Bowl, but to try just the bowl or the impeller, one does not realize as much gain as if you use them as a pair. (together). 2. It has been our expirence that the more HP you have, the more gain you get from the use of the two together. IE; little to no difference on a 300 hp motor. And a big difference on a 700 HP motor. In fact, if I'm working on a boat that has say 350 HP or less and I know the customer is not going to do something to make more HP, I prefer the 11 vein bowl for him. I will say one thing, you can not look at an impeller and tell it's performance qualities. Speed coat it and run it a while, then pull it out and see what the markings on the speed coat tell you. The only reason for me getting on this board is that several people called me today and said I was being quoted on the board contrary to what I had told them. Now I see they were quoting someone else NOT me. Thanks for your time. Duane Oblander
    Thanks for posting here and setting the record straight. I do however want to point something out also, I never said I could see a performance difference by looking at an Aggressor impeller verses another, just a Quality difference. Also, these were all aluminium and directly out of the box. Even though someone posted your boat doing 110mph I'm still impressed it reaches 100mph with the hull size and power your using. The gains you saw from adding the Aggressor impeller and bowl are also impressive, but I want your opinion on something. Do you think those mph gains will be found in other boats pushing the same power? Say a 18' Rally Sport V-bottom with extended center strakes to the end of the transom. Thanks again for clearing things up and voicing your opinion that no one bowl will make a cost effective performance difference. You need to complement the change such as adding an Aggressor impeller, inducer, etc.
    Duane HTP, one last question. Were you running Don's inducer before you installed the Aggressor bowl and impeller? If you weren't, then I have to say 9mph gain from the bowl and impeller are inaccurate. Just my opinion. I hope you can clear that up for me. Thanks
    HBjet

Duane HTP
    no one bowl will make a cost effective performance difference. You need to complement the change such as adding an Aggressor impeller, inducer, etc.
    Don't twist my words,I did not say that!
    I say the bowl definetly helps in most cases. I just said there is more gain yet when you use them together.
    I did not have the inducer when I added the bowl and Impeller. I just added the inducer last summer and it nade NO difference on top end, it just helped that big boat get out of the hole quicker.

HBjet
    no one bowl will make a cost effective performance difference. You need to complement the change such as adding an Aggressor impeller, inducer, etc.
    I say the bowl definetly helps in most cases. I just said there is more gain yet when you use them together.
    I did not have the inducer when I added the bowl and Impeller. I just added the inducer last summer and it nade NO difference on top end, it just helped that big boat get out of the hole quicker.
    Ok, sorry about that. I personally don't think no one bowl will make a noticable performance differene just by simply bolting it on. If one bowl and impeller would give every boat with 700hp+ horse power a 9mph gain, why isn't every drag jet boat using them? In drag racing people spend thousands to achieve 9 miles more per hour when your at those high speeds.
    Duane HTP, I'm not picking on you nor do I doubt your performance gains on your boat. I just think your situation is unique because those results wouldn't be the same for everyone. I would like to know what bowl and impeller were you running before the change and what condition were they in? Thanks
    HBjet

HBjet
    I'm not trying to say anything here, just some pictures I found on the next.
    Duane HTP, is this your boat that you race?
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/NEWFRONT.JPG
    And is it this one too?
    http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/6secPits1.jpg
    Wasn't the second pic taken from the "Smoken in the Cove" drag boat races in Arkansas? Well, see the tip of the orange boat in the bottom left corner of the photo, that was the Un-blown jet boat from California which was in the 6 sec. class and was not using Aggressor and was the #1 qualifier.
    Anyway, I just wanted to know if that was your Blown red daytona that says HI-TECH PERFORMANCE. Thanks
    HBjet

ChetCapoli
    First thing. WOW!
    Second thing, randy, your too much buddy. That quote sums it up. You see I'm not the only one who says you SNOWBALL(TWIST) words. It's the only way for you to win aside from having your buddies(MPD deciples) back you up. You've had a problem with aggressor since we originally went toe to toe almost a year ago. I finally figured out why. BTW, All i asked for was some numbers one how aggressor worked on your boat. All you can say is "it's been done by a professional and that's all you need to know". Sounds like BS to me. Well, when i try the berk(properly) after i use the aggressor i'll have some numbers....just make sure you have yours.
    THE END.

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by HBjet:
    I'm not trying to say anything here
    Wasn't the second pic taken from the "Smoken in the Cove" drag boat races in Arkansas? Well, see the tip of the orange boat in the bottom left corner of the photo, that was the Un-blown jet boat from California which was in the 6 sec. class and was not using Aggressor and was the #1 qualifier.
    HBjet
    Your not? Forgive me HB but i sure think you are. Lets see...number one qualifier in six second class at 1000ft(not 1/4 mile) was not using aggressor. hmmmm....you know what i think hb? I think aggressor was never even tried on that boat, that what i think. So i guess we cant compare can we? That is unless you have some numbers to prove me wrong.
    You too much buddy.

HBjet
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    First thing. WOW!
    Second thing, randy, your too much buddy. That quote sums it up. You see I'm not the only one who says you SNOWBALL(TWIST) words. It's the only way for you to win aside from having your buddies(MPD deciples) back you up. You've had a problem with aggressor since we originally went toe to toe almost a year ago. I finally figured out why. BTW, All i asked for was some numbers one how aggressor worked on your boat. All you can say is "it's been done by a professional and that's all you need to know". Sounds like BS to me. Well, when i try the berk(properly) after i use the aggressor i'll have some numbers....just make sure you have yours.
    THE END.
    Thank God!
    Chet, you are the only one who thinks what you think. HTP just pointed out that he wasn't implying what I thought he was. He made that clear and I apologized for that mis understanding. I have no problem with Aggressor, I have a problem with you insisting they are the only solution and your claim for testing was done with unequal componets as far as quality goes. Let me trust my builder as you trust yours. You don't see me suggesting your builder to try something different. You say THE END, I say THANK GOD. The next time I post suggesting MPD when someone is looking for a pump builder, go ahead and post your guy and be done with it. As far as the Hot Tub boat from MPD, if figures you will have some excuse like saying Lets see...number one qualifier in six second class at 1000ft(not 1/4 mile) and you forgetting the fact that out ran a 19 Blown Daytona in a California Performance tunnel with an unblown motor build by DNE.
    Just go back to removing hook. At least your aggression will help with some good hard labor.
    HBjet
    PS. Everyone reading on, lets get your views on this. I would be happy to see what our other boaters think.
    I know some don't care, and feel free to post that too.
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 23, 2002).]

Dimarco Kid
    How much green can you pack into an Aggressor bowl? How much in a Berk? I would go with whatever held the most! Uh, oh, I think I misunderstood what type of "bowls" you guys were talking about. Sorry,
    D Kid

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast