Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ?

77charger
    Originally posted by HYDROMOBILE:
    77charger your unblown jetran 7.44 on n02 that makes it unblown fuel jet, in nhra unblown fuel runs with blown alcohol, Harold Jr. ran a blown alcohol jet 7.0's and Harold runs 7.3's on blown gas 148. they have aggressor parts. that is fact.!!!! anybody can make just about any part work if you work long enough and hard enough on it. Don't knock people or manufacturer, when they find the ways they relate it to you the avarage jet boater. so lets stock tht argueing and all get along. se ya Jim
    Jim i wasnt knocking anyone or manufacturer i was just curious to know what the mpd boat ran.

JohnwithJm
    Jerry Hicks ran in the 750`s in NJBA I think he has the UBF MPH record. I`m not sure.

miller killer
    John ,this boat did set some records,got your e mail and thanks.Im going to build this boat as a two seater for lake use and some drag racing,I bought this boat for $5000 dollars,jerrys son tore the boat apart to re set intake but never finished.the pump alone had more money in it than that.i bought boat less motor but complete.

JohnwithJm
    Sounds like a smoken deal. You said the boat is going to Toms shop next week I`ll have to check it out

miller killer
    John,jerrys son re gelcoated the boat white,put two buckets and a bench in it,carpeted the floor,glassed in a sub-floor,moved the motor back,and changed back to left hand steering,floor needs lots of work, they gel-coated the engine compartment white and cut down the stringers,but a little time and money tom will get it lookin good again.he also glassed down wood from stringer to stringer to help hold seats down.

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by DUANE HTP:
    I say the bowl definetly helps in most cases, I just said there is more gain yet when you use them together.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by HBjet:
    I personally don't think no one bowl will make a noticable performance differene just by simply bolting it on. If one bowl and impeller would give every boat with 700hp+ horse power a 9mph gain, why isn't every drag jet boat using them?
    HBjet
    Let me ask you hb, where to you get off desputing the knowledge of a great pump builder?? You can't get your boat over 70 for gods sake. You got some big kahunas boy let me tell ya! As to your second question, it's because they have the same ignorant attitude as you.
    chet

HBjet
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    Let me ask you hb, where to you get off desputing the knowledge of a great pump builder?? You can't get your boat over 70 for gods sake. You got some big kahunas boy let me tell ya! As to your second question, it's because they have the same ignorant attitude as you. chet
    Chet, my boat in fact goes over 70mph, but I only claim 70 because I know I can reach it and pass it. Hell chet, talk about big kahunas, you can't even get your boat right side up and on the water. So 70 compared to you my friend is pretty damn impressive.
    Can you please do me a favor, read what you type before you post it. You getting on my case for disputing the knowledge of a great pump builder and on the other hand when I said I'm not going to question Jacks knowledge at MPD you also get on my case for not questioning his knowledge. Chet, you are blowing more smoke here then a carburated outboard motor. Just sit back, listen to what your saying and then smack yourself for sounding so stupid. I see it and many others do too. So what, you have 1 maybe 2 guys that agree with you? Oh, and now your saying more then 50% of drag boat racers have an ignorant attitude. See Chet, this is one of those time you just need to smack yourself so you don't sound so stupid.
    HBjet
    BTW, for all you politicaly correct people out there, I only say "50% of drag boat racers" because I'm giving Aggressor the benifit of a doubt that less then 50% of drag boat racers are using Aggressor, and the other half are using everything else. Which makes them ignorant, right?
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 24, 2002).]

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by beached1:
    Well Randy, as you may know I don't know dick about drag boat racing.
    <<<< That is obvious>>>>>
    The bottom line is, your boat runs and Chet's doesn't.
    <<<<<< Get it right pal, it DID run and will RUN again FASTER this year.... the premadonna on the other hand...he will run the same.>>>>>>>>>
    How can he make any claim on what works. He hasn't tried anything that he claims to yet. Right now, my 21' Omega with a stock 454 and Jacuzzi WJ can kick his ass.
    <<<<<<<<< I didnt? Last i knew I've run 80, what do you run BTW?? I'm listening??.>>>>>>>
    Another thing is he is inconsistant with his HP claims. 600hp, 675, 700, do I her 8? Has he dyno'd it?
    <<<<<<< No i havent dyno'd it but i will, first i orignally thought 650 but after talking with knowlegble people they figure closer to 700. the dyno will tell. My 522ci motor specs are on another post, you do the math.>>>>>>>>
    Also, I recall him saying that he changed the bottom of his hull because he "Heard through the grapevine that it works". WTF? If I were to do something like that, I would want to here it from the guy who has raced it himself and swears by it. Even then I would still be skeptical.
    <<<< Skeptical?? Well, that's the difference between you and me, i'm not afraid to do what it takes to go faster. I didnt have much choice with the hull in the shape it was either. In case you forgot(obviously you have) the boat had close to 1/2 inch of hook and i still ran a solid 80>>>>>>>>>>>
    One last point, i don't think you were bashing Agressor so much as you were Chet. Chet calls you the MPD coffee queen, but he's just as bad(or good however you want to look at it) about Agressor.
    <<<<< that because aggressor works, period. HBJet doesnt know about that because it's never been tried on his boat>>>>>>>>>>
    The two things that set yourselves apart are the fact that you have tried what what your pump has done for you and Chet has not.
    <<<<<<< better reverse that comment my friend. What has HBJet tried besides nothing? UMMMM...nothing!>>>>>>>
    CHET

HBjet
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    No i havent dyno'd it but i will, first i orignally thought 650 but after talking with knowlegble people they figure closer to 700. the dyno will tell. My 522ci motor specs are on another post, you do the math CHET
    So if you talked to a knowledgable scientist, or a mathmatition, or even someone wit great knowledge of world history, would that count if they told you more like 700? haha!
    Ok, how many motors have you built? How do you come up with 650, then a knowledgable person says 700. Does that mean your not knowledgable? I mean, you only got 650 when the smart guy got 700. Oh, wait, can anyome be exactly sure what the HP of a motor is when they didn't build it, and they don't know the condition of the parts, and most importantly it has never been dyno'd. Notice how I've never posted a HP rating for my motor, it's because I have no idea without having it dyno'd. I've talked with a professional engine builder, but you can just guess because there are to many variables involved to make an accurate guess. And Chet, your HP rating is nothing other then that, a Guess. So take some of your own advice and get the numbers.....I'm waiting...
    HBjet
    One other thing, is the guy who built the motor (before you got the boat) the same guy who worked on the pump (again, before you got the boat) I'm just wondering, since the intake grate was put in backwards.
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 24, 2002).]

ChetCapoli
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by HBjet:
    [B]
    Chet, my boat in fact goes over 70mph, but I only claim 70 because I know I can reach it and pass it. Hell chet, talk about big kahunas, you can't even get your boat right side up and on the water.
    <<<<< you dont have the foggiest idea what it's like to blueprint a bottom that was really messed up do ya HB?? Your too much of a premadonna for something such as that. BTW, it's straight as an arrow now and it looks DARN good.(guess what? i had HELP to make it that way, surpised i mentioned it?) It will be ready in spring. As i said before, just make sure you have your numbers as i will have mine>>>>>>>
    Can you please do me a favor, read what you type before you post it. You getting on my case for disputing the knowledge of a great pump builder and on the other hand when I said I'm not going to question Jacks knowledge at MPD you also get on my case for not questioning his knowledge.
    <<<< HB, i'm not asking you despute jack, i just would like to know jacks findings on YOUR boat with aggressor stuff...it's just that simple. IT HAS BEEN TRIED NOW RIGHT?>>>>>>>
    Chet, you are blowing more smoke here then a carburated outboard motor. Just sit back, listen to what your saying and then smack yourself for sounding so stupid. I see it and many others do too. So what, you have 1 maybe 2 guys that agree with you? Oh, and now your saying more then 50% of drag boat racers have an ignorant attitude. See Chet, this is one of those time you just need to smack yourself so you don't sound so stupid.
    HBjet
    <<<<<< keep snowballin my friend.... keep snowballin. When and if you get you boat to go fast(not 75 either) i'll try my best to make a road trip out and we can settle it with a "smack" on the river K????
    CHET

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast