Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big lift tow rigs any one have pics of lifted truck towing boat.

DUECE'SDAD
    Well im well on my way to lifting my 2wd (now 4wd with 3/4 ton axles) and wanting to go big lift and some where between 38-44" tires and 8-12" lift and was planing on building a hitch for my reciever. There is hardly no tounge weight and i dont think it will be a problem with a big drop hitch, but was just wondering what every one else is doing for big lift tow rigs. Show me some pics.

Havasubum
    i have some drop down hitches i need to get rid of if you do end up lifting your truck 10 inch drop and 12 inch drop let me know

DUECE'SDAD
    Im in the process of raising it, whatcha got im interested.

tahitijet
    here is a pic of our tahoe.. this is a 8" lift with a 3" body on 37's. Tows fine.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...120089-med.JPG
    I'm pulling it into the shop soon and installing a 14" lift with a custom built rear 4 link with fulltime airride on the rear and putting it on 20's with 40's. I expect it will tow just the same with about a 8" more drop hitch.
    The other thing were doing and I highly recomend this on lifted trucks. Is i'm putting a bracket that will alllow for very large mudflaps to be quickly attached and removed.. Last year on the way to CBBB we got caught in some rain and it took me 3 hours to clean the mudd and road grime out of my boat and off my brand new 2 day old interior. I will never agian tow my boat without mud flaps with this size tire. Just a thought.

DUECE'SDAD
    That looks good, i was hoping it wasnt going to look to off the wall. Yeah im with you on the mud flaps. I was thinking of either building a detachable full length mudflap, or a detachable wind/rock guard on the front of the boat trailer, kinda like the ones on open show car trailers. Thanks for the pics.

Havasu Hangin'
    GRASS PAY$ pulled the 12,000lb Tugboat (with a 12" lift and 40's)...
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/h..._new_cig_2.jpg

UnionJack
    Nice truck.... I think it has been d-lifted.... HH Where is the picture of my truck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast