Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Property in Nev or Ariz

19Kona
    I am looking to buy a house/townhouse/condo for vacation and rental. So, What would be the best all around (this is what I am considering):
    1. Near Laughlin on the Nev side
    2. Bulhead City
    3. Havasu
    4. Needles Area
    Again, I want to rent it when I am not using so that is a big consideration as is the price - Something under $200k.

mtndewdrops
    I have had good luck with vacation rentals in Lake Havasu City. Usually can get renters between Nov and March. I would go for a home and not a condo, since the appreciation is usually better. There are still some 2BR homes under 200K.

Essex502
    I second Mtndewdrops comments...Havasu. You should be able to rent to snowbirds all winter for almost double what your mortgage payment is figgering (sp) a decent down payment. Then you have the warm months for yourself + the appreciation should be faster in Havasu.
    However, you might want to raise that figure a little bit to $250K.

phebus
    If your looking for a rental in Lake Havasu, I will pimp a place I have for sale. It is very nice, and is being sold completely furnished including all appliances (furniture, refer, washer, dryer, etc) and a big screen t.v. It also has a boat deep garage. To view the listing go to http://www.lakehavasuhomes.net , look under featured listings, and it is the fourth house down (the one with the flag in the front yard). It is just slightly above what you want to spend, but considering it is fully furnished and lanscaped, and completely turn key and ready to rent, it might save you money in the long run.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    P.S. You can contact the listing agent Michele Bravata (Warlock 25) from the boards, or myself for further info if desired

djunkie
    I would vote for Havasu. I bought my house there almost a year ago and it has already gone up nearly $70k. All I have done to it is put a block wall up. We paid $229 for a brand new house on a corner lot with a 4 car garage. You probably aren't going to find something like that for that price but there are some good deals you just have to look. Also it is very easy to get snowbirds booked for the winter. We put ours up at the beginning of Nov. and it was booked within a week. 4 months of them paying my house payment. The other 8 months it's mine.

ChumpChange
    I would vote for Havasu. I bought my house there almost a year ago and it has already gone up nearly $70k. All I have done to it is put a block wall up. We paid $229 for a brand new house on a corner lot with a 4 car garage. You probably aren't going to find something like that for that price but there are some good deals you just have to look. Also it is very easy to get snowbirds booked for the winter. We put ours up at the beginning of Nov. and it was booked within a week. 4 months of them paying my house payment. The other 8 months it's mine.
    Is it on the corner of Willow and S Palo Verde?

19Kona
    Sounds like Havasu is where it is at for the rental market. I am with you guys, I would be using the place when it is warm and renting during the winter (our version).
    What does the rental property do to your taxes (I know it is different for everyone)?

summerlove
    If your looking for a rental in Lake Havasu, I will pimp a place I have for sale. It is very nice, and is being sold completely furnished including all appliances (furniture, refer, washer, dryer, etc) and a big screen t.v. It also has a boat deep garage. To view the listing go to http://www.lakehavasuhomes.net , look under featured listings, and it is the fourth house down (the one with the flag in the front yard). It is just slightly above what you want to spend, but considering it is fully furnished and lanscaped, and completely turn key and ready to rent, it might save you money in the long run.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    P.S. You can contact the listing agent Michele Bravata (Warlock 25) from the boards, or myself for further info if desired
    Listen carefully - this man is correcxt in all that he says, as is Essex 502. Phebus house is very nice and in fact is priced very well, I might add. Snowbirds in his place for about 1200/mo Jan-Mar, speing breakers, and the like, and before you know it the payment is almost nothing. Same happened to me and I was able to parlay from a 2bed/2bath condo into a pretty nice little house!

Sun burners
    Havasu Havasu Havasu!
    Just make sure you get THE BIGGEST MOST LEVEL LOT you can find,
    For future upgrades and easy parking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast