Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo EFI systems

Fogged Gullwing
    Unchained is right!!!
    You want a turn key deal break out your wallet folks !! My Buddy jason did and he paid duttweiler 80K for his deal!!!! I could do it for under 25K so if your diamond Jim Rockafeller go for it !!Teague Hah Try 120K He sells MSD ignitions for 20% over what the public pays!!! Want to have some grease on your carrot go to teague!!!! It's not all that tough people just do some research and spend the money where you need it someone to tune it on the dyno!!!! You get some dyno time and a guy who can do it it will be alot cheaper. Hell unchained did his by himself not knowing anything about it ! He spent the time for the learning curve and now he won't even look at a carb!!
    Ive spent 15 years on these systems and have a few records in the PSCA doing drag cars so if your in socal I'll tune them if you get the dyno time and a wide band 02 sensor. I'm an expert with FAST and Accel dfi unit's And I won't morgage you first born to do it. PM me if your interested!!!
    Later BK

Jrocket
    Unchained,
    I can do all of the assembly and any of the custom stuff I need here.Meaning that,I personally cant weld but I have 2 very,very good fabricators that are right by me and have done alll of my custom stuff already.
    The exhaust mainfolds will either be CMI's ot a cast gentry style stuff.It will have to have water jacketed headers for sure.I can do the mathe and also check into what the compressor and exhaust housing will have to be.Buy the correct turbos,no problem there.I have a hookup on all the Motec stuff if I need.The piping,water,fuel and etc lines I can do.Change the cam and heads.All i really would need is to figure out what intake and cooler would fit the best under my hatch.I will most likely have to put a scoop on the hatch but im ok with that.im more concerned about keeping the heat in the turbos and not the motor compartment.Then have the motor set up on the dyno and tuned.Sounds easy but more work than alot would think.It would be nice to have a twin turbo cat though.

Unchained
    Unchained,
    I can do all of the assembly and any of the custom stuff I need here.Meaning that,I personally cant weld but I have 2 very,very good fabricators that are right by me and have done alll of my custom stuff already.
    The exhaust mainfolds will either be CMI's ot a cast gentry style stuff.It will have to have water jacketed headers for sure.I can do the mathe and also check into what the compressor and exhaust housing will have to be.Buy the correct turbos,no problem there.I have a hookup on all the Motec stuff if I need.The piping,water,fuel and etc lines I can do.Change the cam and heads.All i really would need is to figure out what intake and cooler would fit the best under my hatch.I will most likely have to put a scoop on the hatch but im ok with that.im more concerned about keeping the heat in the turbos and not the motor compartment.Then have the motor set up on the dyno and tuned.Sounds easy but more work than alot would think.It would be nice to have a twin turbo cat though.
    Converting the CMI's looks like it would be a good way to go. I think that's what Superdave is doing. Something like this,
    http://www.turbofast.com.au/img/eng1.jpg
    Here's a previous thread where add on Turbine housing water jackets were discussed, http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...34#post1180234
    The turbo's I use are just inexpensive diesel rebuilds, about $ 450 each.
    I'd use the same ones again, They put out more than I need now.
    Spool up time is 17#/sec.
    For the intake manifold you could use a blower manifold and that can use an off the shelf intercooler. It's pretty easy to machine the holes in the ports for the injector bungs and make the fuel rails.
    The Motec is certainly one of the best ECU's available but the highest price too. I've seen some good deals go through www.racingjunk.com
    Across the board all of the ECU's are overpriced in my opinion for what they are doing.
    Here's a source for some different brands of ECU's
    www.racetep.com
    If you compile a list of the components prices and compare that to a ready to
    bolt on kit it will make your head spin..........

Jrocket
    Thanks for the info again.I was thinking more of a custom CMI or the Gentry's.Height will be an issue.Im making calls right now about a few items.Looks like my next step is to get measurements from my boat and go from there.And also figure out how to keep the motor compartment heat down.
    http://www.gtmarine.com/gallery/data...MG_0061-01.jpg

green with envy
    hey jrocket I have a new turbo motor if your still looking. efi all the good stuff 1300 hp on pump gas sitting in a crate ready to go.

Jrocket
    hey jrocket I have a new turbo motor if your still looking. efi all the good stuff 1300 hp on pump gas sitting in a crate ready to go.
    Orange Picker and I were talking about it...I think it was him?Probably out of my reach though.Pm me with some details and a price anyway.

NashvilleBound
    My buddy has a Northstar motor with two of those high end ball bearing turbos ...some super whammy things....why is it we dont see these in the marine application? Heat? BTW...his is in his new sand rail....now if he could just get the tranny to hold together....

Robbie Racer
    Hey Green, what boost and octane fuel at 1300 hp? Can you post a picture of the dyno sheet?

Jrocket
    Hey Green, what boost and octane fuel at 1300 hp? Can you post a picture of the dyno sheet?
    I cant help ya on info but i did see the motor today and DAM that thing is a work of art.It looks fast just sitting on the stand.I wish it would fit under my hatch.

Blown Lavey
    I cant help ya on info but i did see the motor today and DAM that thing is a work of art.It looks fast just sitting on the stand.I wish it would fit under my hatch.
    Whats the asking price, any pictures of it?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast