Thread: Speeding ticket?

wantacat
    Geezz... I just got the bill for my speeding ticket ..65mph in a 55mph towing and I was shocked at how much it was!! $360? I thought it was going to be half of the amount...thats a lot of gas. Oh well my fault....

BALLSDEEP
    Geezz... I just got the bill for my speeding ticket ..65mph in a 55mph towing and I was shocked at how much it was!! $360? I thought it was going to be half of the amount...thats a lot of gas. Oh well my fault....
    I got one a month ago towing on my way home from Glamis it was $360 + $30 for the list of traffic schools. Just got another on this weekend on my way to Havasu on I40 and the cop was a dick! This just isnt my month.

H20 Toie
    No such thing as a $200 ticket anymore that sucks if you were only doing 65

Aduner2
    $480 towing 70mph on the I-10 and Monroe (Indio) :cry:

Throttle
    go to court, plea guilty... fine may be less... ?

Chubby4Life
    I got one a month ago towing on my way home from Glamis it was $360 + $30 for the list of traffic schools. Just got another on this weekend on my way to Havasu on I40 and the cop was a dick! This just isnt my month.
    I know the feeling! I got a ticket last August, then another over Labor Day weekend. The second was for 65 towing (1.5 points). I had no beef with either ticket, but the fines were crazy. Then on Friday, I get a letter from DMV stating that I'm an "at risk" driver. I thought it was pretty funny how these A-holes were shaming me for 2 lousy tickets, but for the 8 years prior, do you think they sent me a "good driver" letter? Hell no!

Hardly Satisfied
    well you know the state is hurting for money

BALLSDEEP
    I know the feeling! I got a ticket last August, then another over Labor Day weekend. The second was for 65 towing (1.5 points). I had no beef with either ticket, but the fines were crazy. Then on Friday, I get a letter from DMV stating that I'm an "at risk" driver. I thought it was pretty funny how these A-holes were shaming me for 2 lousy tickets, but for the 8 years prior, do you think they sent me a "good driver" letter? Hell no!
    I hear ya, In my past 15 years of driving, I have had 1 ticket, now all of a sudden I am sure to be added to the "at risk" list with ya. Its bull shit! The ticket I received when I was coming home from Glamis was BS, I was following a pack of trailers/motorhomes and I was the last guy in the pack and got the ticket.

MagicMtnDan
    It's not so much the cost of the ticket as how it affects the cost of insurance and how long these things stay on your record.
    Everyone under the sun knows it's simply a way to generate revenue and help the cops pay for their salary and overhead. So why don't states treat at least the first ticket as a simple financial penalty?! Charge whatever for the ticket but don't bother with BS traffic schools and let people get one ticket a year. Better yet, why not sell a booklet for say $600 with 2 tickets in it and then, when the cops pull you over for speeding (say no more than 15 MPH over the limit) you give the cop one of the tickets showing you've already paid. That will generate extra revenue (everyone will want one of those ticket books) and drivers don't get the added penalty of having the insurance company ding you extra for the next few years! :220v:

Kilrtoy
    Everyone under the sun knows it's simply a way to generate revenue and help the cops pay for their salary and overhead.
    What Crevasse did you pull this bullshit out of....
    So why don't states treat at least the first ticket as a simple financial penalty?! Charge whatever for the ticket but don't bother with BS traffic schools and let people get one ticket a year. Better yet, why not sell a booklet for say $600 with 2 tickets in it and then, when the cops pull you over for speeding (say no more than 15 MPH over the limit) you give the cop one of the tickets showing you've already paid. That will generate extra revenue (everyone will want one of those ticket books) and drivers don't get the added penalty of having the insurance company ding you extra for the next few years! :220v:
    I have a better plan OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT....ITS FREE