Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JBE Predator 18 gullwing

Jake W2
    86 this hull has been on here befor and a guy asking what it was.Was that you?
    I think you have something there worth restoring really cool looking deck.But I think it was Duane that said they were dangerous but never said why.
    Thanks for posting the pics Jim.
    Jake

Jake W2
    After looking at the pics agine it looks to have the 19 sides on it because it has the turned out lip along the edge.What do you plan on doing with it?
    Jake

86condor
    yeah, the guy before was me. i recently started to restore it, i'm in the process of stripping it down now. i'm learning as i go, like i said before i'm new to jet boats, so get ready for a lot of questions a long the way.

Jake W2
    The guy that has this one post on the board some times.
    http://www.motorsportspictures.com/s...04smokin37.jpg
    Jake

Jake, Jim Johnson sold a lot of boats. some turn key and some un-rigged. some lighweights. the quality of the finished product years later has a lot to do with who he sold it to and how they rigged and cared for them. I know a lot of guys who have his Cheyennes and are quite happy with them. some of them run good, some not so good. usually due to the setup of the pump intake and intake hardware. same for his TX boats. my Cheyenne mold is a copy of one of his boats and mine work good. I have one of his 23' (Baja splash) jets and I love it. I also have one of his 26' (American Offshore splash)Tunnell boats with mercruiser power and I love it. his rigging isn't up to west coast standards but neither are his prices. he has done some excellent gel-coat and nice layups on a lot of boats but has also had guys working for him who weren't as consciencios(sp?).
    when someone wants to buy a bare hull and rig it themselves and they don't have the money or experience to do it right, years later it still reflects on the guy who sold it to them even if he had no control once it left his shop.

Liberator TJ1984
    The guy that has this one post on the board some times.
    http://www.motorsportspictures.com/s...04smokin37.jpg
    Jake
    Kenneth won the 8sec.class ... little 396 on the hose :coffeycup
    Local Boy , Midnight Boat Wurks, Orange Grove Tx...
    Goes by " LewdAct " here on the Forums

mrgoslow
    Kenneth won the 8sec.class ... little 396 on the hose :coffeycup
    Local Boy , Midnight Boat Wurks, Orange Grove Tx...
    Goes by " LewdAct " here on the Forums
    that would be on a 1000' track (smokin in the cove)

Jake W2
    LewdAct what do you think of yours and how it handels ect.
    The things that cought my eye on this add was how nice the gell lay out was nothing special just nice looking.And the fact it was a more or less 18 foot gullwing but with the 19 sides.And the fact the Jimmy and comp took more than one hull and changed it with decks or bottoms of diffrent hulls to come up with their boats.
    Jake

Jake W2
    Okiedave is this the top your 18 gullwing mold has?
    Jake

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast