Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Light Camera Ticket........

Gman
    My girlfriend just got one in the mail, and it shows me behind the wheel!!!!!! How do you fight these???? Is there a way to get out of it???? It shows me about half way thru the intersection and doing 39mph in a 35 zone. Obviously I sped up to get thru the light The letter says she is to list who was driving if it wasn't her. I already had a speeding ticket last year and can't do traffic school. I need help getting out of this stupid camera ticket!!! Anyone ever fought one and won???

Essex502
    My girlfriend just got one in the mail, and it shows me behind the wheel!!!!!! How do you fight these???? Is there a way to get out of it???? It shows me about half way thru the intersection and doing 39mph in a 35 zone. Obviously I sped up to get thru the light The letter says she is to list who was driving if it wasn't her. I already had a speeding ticket last year and can't do traffic school. I need help getting out of this stupid camera ticket!!! Anyone ever fought one and won???
    Try taking it to court and fighting it. Some of the red light cameras were set with too short an interval and many tickets have been thrown out. It is worth a try. I didn't see a location where you're from but in California, I believe you can go to traffic school again - it just costs more of your time and/or money.

Jordy
    Don't respond to it and don't answer the door to strangers for 120 days and it will be dismissed, at least that is how it works in AZ with the photo-radar, or so I've heard.
    It has to do with improper service. Unless you sign for it, there is no proof that Cliff Claven even delivered it. Think about how many letters get lost in the mail annually.
    You have to be personally served, that is why you don't answer the door or identify yourself to strangers.

Mandelon
    No plates on my truck......
    Perhaps she could misidentify you on the form?

barbigrl
    UR SCREWED...

dimarcobros
    From my understanding it is pretty hard to fight them. If she doesn't give them your information then she gets the ticket, I think. You could have her get the ticket and do online traffic school for her.
    Good luck with it.
    DMB

NOTALENT
    that sucks..I have been dreading those..just say it was either that or ending up in the middle of the intersection breaking..!!! lol. :rollside:

PHX ATC
    What Jordy said up there, at least in AZ.
    She can't get the ticket as it wasn't her driving. You can't ticket a car for going through a red light, the car can't legally drive itself or sign for the ticket. Hello. She can either respond by mail or go down to look at the photo and say, gee that isn't me. Legally, she doesn't have to tell them who it is. She can say, I don't know. If pressed, say, I lend my car out all the time to friends, but am unsure who that is.
    They can't ticket her at all.

Boatcop
    Just have her tell them it was River Dave.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast