Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: &*^%ing Drivers !!!!!

ELIMINAT THIS
    Her454 if you still had the Z71 you could just run them over.You would vent and move up one spot all at the same time. :rollside:
    Kaler

Her454
    Her454 if you still had the Z71 you could just run them over.You would vent and move up one spot all at the same time. :rollside:
    Kaler
    Hi Kaler - LOL....... Im buying another one in the next month or so.......!! Its too much of a gas pig tho...I drive the Eclipse back and forth to work. Thats not too intimidating.....

likwidsukr
    Raleigh has traffic
    Raleigh-Durham population 515178 and none can drive worth a shit :boxingguy

dirty old man
    I can still remember the days BEFORE freeways, when you could drive all over LA and still get anywhere in less time than it takes on the freeways today. We could get from the San Fernando Valley to Newport Beach in an hour! Now, not only is LA gridlocked to an unbelievable situation, but Las Vegas is locking up as well due to excessive growth. There are just too many of us on the roads today, and there is no relief is sight. Even if Cal Trans would have forseen the future, they would never have built freeways correctly. I do not envy my kids or grandkids who have horrendous commutes, even if its only to school or work

Ziggy
    6 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You lucky SOB.
    Yeah, my 8-10 minute commute bites too
    Traci, there is a missing catagory on that list. MINIVAN drivers :lightsabe

barbigrl
    Her454 I can't beleive you have to drive so far to work??? Is your freeway comparable to the 91? The 91 is HELL.....people have those Piss on 91 stickers on their cars...... I fortunatly do not have a commute....one reason why I stay at my shit paying job

clownpuncher
    I hate commuting too. I never have enough time to listen to a full song, and the a/c doesn't have enough time to cool the truck before I get to work.....I HATE that

Her454
    Yeah, my 8-10 minute commute bites too
    Traci, there is a missing catagory on that list. MINIVAN drivers :lightsabe
    At the risk of offending anyone...............They dont even count - therefore did not make the list.

traci you have a hell of a drive but the place where you live is well worth it.
    pat(slotracer) :hammer2:

Wavemaker
    Many of us experience the same hassles on our streets & highways daily. The problem is in our state's infrastucture. Freeways, highways, major boulevards etc. are see traffic rates of 200% of what they were designed for. Traffic conjestion and gridlock at peak travel times. Our overpriced gasoline in California has many taxes levied into the price per gallon, yet the "Governor Moonbeam" (Jerry Brown), took the road tax funds and transferred them into the "General Fund." There went the money used to maintain roads, make road improvements, build more freeways and expand existing freeways, highways and other state roads. Ever wonder why it will take so long to fix our roads from this last winter's storms? No state money (or very little), available from the gasoline taxes! Funds were transferred to the General Fund. Local governments are going to the "Governator" to declare some areas disaster zones making it possible to ask the Federal Government read FEMA) for emergency money to repair roads, highways, freeways, clean-up mudslides etc. President Bush wants to "manage Federal Funds" to finance the War and rebuilding of Iraq.
    The overall problem is going to get worse! With proposed changes in Social Security, many of us that are under 55 years of age may need to work until we are 70. That means those that commute to work will face more of older drivers, (you youngsters get older every year as do I), and was more business move to areas where they get tax incentives, younger work force (read lower wages paid), and development continues to add more homes, business, malls and industrial parks with adding to the capacity of our freeways, highways and streets we will face longer commutes. This includes more gridlock in densly populated areas. Yesterday's elections involved at least two cities fighting development that would add to their traffic woes in already over developed areas.
    If you can write here in the forums, take a couple of minutes to write your city council persons, county supervisors, and state assembly members. Hell, write to your Congressman too. They will not even give consideration to letters or e-mails unless they recieve at least a dozen or more regarding a specific issue. Be specific in your letters. Propose double deck highways. That way we do not have to buy out the owners of existing properties next to the existing highways, freeways etc.
    Sorry to write an episitle here. My wife and I were cut off numerous times just this morning on our commute and, experienced the "me first" mergers with changing freeways, changing lanes, etc. We were driving 75 to 80 mph at 6:00 AM to on the 5 freeway, 118 freeway, 60 mph on the 405 freeway.
    We leave home early to beat the crush and know many alternate routes to get around jams on the freways, but it will only get worse in our lifetimes.
    -Wavemaker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast